PDA

View Full Version : small chips in finish

avengd7x
11-04-10, 08:44
Hi, I have a DD m4v3 that I have a question about. I've only shot it a few times, but I have noticed a few small chips in the finish on the upper receiver on the bottom side of the ejection port. The black finish is chipped off, and I can see the silver metal underneath it.

I hope I'm describing the location correctly, if not, let me know and I can put some pictures up.

This is my first rifle, so basically I want to know if I'm overreacting, or if this is a problem that could lead to rust or something? Thanks a lot for your help.

Eric D.
11-04-10, 10:03
Hi, I have a DD m4v3 that I have a question about. I've only shot it a few times, but I have noticed a few small chips in the finish on the upper receiver on the bottom side of the ejection port. The black finish is chipped off, and I can see the silver metal underneath it.

I hope I'm describing the location correctly, if not, let me know and I can put some pictures up.

This is my first rifle, so basically I want to know if I'm overreacting, or if this is a problem that could lead to rust or something? Thanks a lot for your help.

I know the feeling, like putting gravel in a brand new truck bed. Its nothing to worry about, the finish will wear at all the sharp edges. Plus its aluminum so it will not rust.

bkb0000
11-04-10, 10:19
pics would help.

as eric said, you need to expect some wear in the finish, and aluminum will not rust.

Heavy Metal
11-04-10, 10:42

Perfectly normal and all do it.

jklaughrey
11-04-10, 10:48
It'll look even worse once you take a few training courses. It gives them character.

Iraqgunz
11-04-10, 10:57
If you feel unhappy about it, contact Daniel Defense.