PDA

View Full Version : Stock Rattle

michael word
11-04-10, 11:13
I just installed my collapsible stock and there is, what I feel to be, a significant amount of rattle between the stock and the extension. How much rattle is considered acceptable?

On my stock there is about 1/16" movement front to back. When looking at the heel of the stock, there is about 1/8" movement up and down and about 1/16" side to side. Would this be consedered accessive?

The extension is a Daniel Defense and measures about 1.146" and the stock is a Magpul Moe(mil-spec) and at best I can tell it measures about 1.167".

xbmxracerx
11-04-10, 11:22
Most stocks will have some movement. I was going to upgrade my MOE for the CTR but while at a show recently, noticed the same amount of play on the Magpul CTR(even with the lock on). The UBR's and others seem to be more stable.

I just installed my collapsible stock and there is, what I feel to be, a significant amount of rattle between the stock and the extension. How much rattle is considered acceptable?

On my stock there is about 1/16" movement front to back. When looking at the heel of the stock, there is about 1/8" movement up and down and about 1/16" side to side. Would this be consedered accessive?

The extension is a Daniel Defense and measures about 1.146" and the stock is a Magpul Moe(mil-spec) and at best I can tell it measures about 1.167".

Meplat
11-04-10, 11:42
Going off what BMX said, most carbine stocks will have some play in them to a certain degree, it's just how it is. Unless you're OCD, I wouldn't worry about it. I've never noticed it becoming bothersome or even noticeable at all when I'm shouldering and shooting my carbines and I don't think you will either. If you do and it still really bothers you or makes a noticeable difference in your shooting, which I doubt it will, then maybe look into one of the CTR stocks or something that have the friction lock deal.

michael word
11-04-10, 20:01
thanks, this is my first dealing with the collapsible stock and I am not familiar with the amount of play that is acceptable. the bcm stock that was installed before was a tighter fit and just want to make sure that the play is not going to cause any damage to any parts during use.