PDA

View Full Version : SAS M-7 Classic

THCDDM4
11-04-10, 15:17
I found an SAS M-7 Classic with 5K rounds ammo and 20 or so various mags for $1,600.00 total out the door. IT has the original wood furniture and new synthetic furniture. It is a real SAS M-7 Classic.

Edited to add: it also comes with a kobra red dot scope and an unknown bipod.
It sounds like a good price to me, but I need to be certain, I am not really up to speed on my AK knowledge as I should be.

From what I have gathered they didn't make too many of the SAS M-7 Classics. Does anyone have real numbers of how many were produced and what there average going rate is? What would you guys pay for this package. THe gun looks unfired, maybe a few hundred rounds at the most (200 Rounds down the tube confirmed). The guy keeps it pristine.

SO, for $1,600.00:

Go or no go?

TOrrock
11-04-10, 15:22
There were about 400 to 600 produced.

Do you have the serial #? That would tell you when the receiver was made, but not necessarily when the rifle was completed, as they had receivers sitting around that they'd build on as they got parts.

I'd say that's a good price for the rifle with 5K of ammo and all those mags.

I'd say a no-ban SAS-M7 Classic would be about $1500.00 all by itself.

Make sure it is indeed a no-ban version and that the stock will fold.....they sold some post ban models when the AWB was in effect. You could send it back to Arsenal to be unbanned after Sep. of 2004.

THCDDM4
11-04-10, 15:26
There were about 400 to 600 produced.

Do you have the serial #? That would tell you when the receiver was made, but not necessarily when the rifle was completed, as they had receivers sitting around that they'd build on as they got parts.

I'd say that's a good price for the rifle with 5K of ammo and all those mags.

I'd say a no-ban SAS-M7 Classic would be about $1500.00 all by itself.

Make sure it is indeed a no-ban version and that the stock will fold.....they sold some post ban models when the AWB was in effect. You could send it back to Arsenal to be unbanned after Sep. of 2004.

Thanks Templar. With that few made, I think I'm gonna jump on it. I can't see it loosing value. It is the pretiest AK I have laid eyes on, makes my Mak-90's look like airsoft guns.:laugh:

I don't have the serial number handy, but I have handled it and it does fold, its indeed a no-ban version.

Thanks for confirming for me Templar, looks like I found another good deal!:D

TOrrock
11-04-10, 15:44
How was he going to mount the Kobra?

TOrrock
11-04-10, 15:56
The super rare version......the made 10 total SAS M7 Classic Underfolders with Soviet laminate handguards and pistol grip.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/DeGoffs%20Stuff/DSC00188.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/DeGoffs%20Stuff/DSC00186.jpg

THCDDM4
11-04-10, 16:06
How was he going to mount the Kobra?

He custom machined some part for it to work, I have not seen it, or the mount yet, just been told it comes with the package.

I just got to handle the rifle only and it is a beaut. The furniture is unlike anything I have seen on any other AK.

The wood (OR laminate I guess?) furniture he has matches your pictures from what I can tell/remeber. It isn't like most SAS M-7's that have the light stained wood, it looked dark cherry & tiger stripped (?) just like the photos you posted.

How likely is it that this is one of 10 you speak of? Is it more likely he found some nice furniture that matches close enough?

TOrrock
11-04-10, 16:13
Please tell me he didn't modify the receiver to take a scope mount......that would severely diminish the value......

It's highly unlikely it's one of those ten rifles....but the serial # range is right there so you can check.

Any pics?

bondmid003
11-04-10, 21:08
Where did you find this guy? Not to be the bearer of bad news but it seems like there are alot of scams going on out there. Just be careful I guess.

THCDDM4
11-08-10, 11:20
SO, the laminate stock set was custom made fo him to look similar to the (10) rifles you spoke of; the wood was hand picked and is absolutely beautiful. It is not one of the matching serial numbers of those 10.

Nah, he made some wierd looking thing for the kobra to mount with, by pressure/rubber slips, nomessing around with the receiver, no pics of it (I'm not an internet pictures kind of guy anyways), I didn't want it, it was shoddy rigged crap. It came with synthetic stocks anyways if the wife wants to mount a scope, it has a 1913 rail on the synth stocks.

The SAS is great, I decided I'm giving it to my wife for christmas. It was either this or an LAV, and this just seemed right for her.

Now just to convince her the LAV is a necessity for me :laugh:

Carniemedic
11-08-10, 15:20
Do the no ban SAS M-7's have heavy barrels like the SAS M-7 Classics?

THCDDM4
11-08-10, 15:28

I don't know, the rifle I'm talking about is an SAS M-7 Classic.

TOrrock
11-08-10, 15:31

The standard SAS-M7 uses a more modern 90* gas block and the lighter AKM weight barrel, and a folding stock that uses the straight struts of the AKMS. The Classics, both SA-M7 and SAS-M7's are clones of the earlier Type III AK-47, with the Classic underfolders using the older style of stock strut that has quite a bit of drop to it (with the exception of a very rare 5 units of the first no ban SAS-M7 Classics that use the straight struts of the AKMS).

Here's a no-ban SAS-M7 from 2005.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/DeGoffs%20Stuff/Circle10001-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/DeGoffs%20Stuff/Circle10005-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/DeGoffs%20Stuff/Circle10013-1.jpg

TOrrock
11-08-10, 16:02
SO, the laminate stock set was custom made fo him to look similar to the (10) rifles you spoke of; the wood was hand picked and is absolutely beautiful. It is not one of the matching serial numbers of those 10.

Nah, he made some wierd looking thing for the kobra to mount with, by pressure/rubber slips, nomessing around with the receiver, no pics of it (I'm not an internet pictures kind of guy anyways), I didn't want it, it was shoddy rigged crap. It came with synthetic stocks anyways if the wife wants to mount a scope, it has a 1913 rail on the synth stocks.

The SAS is great, I decided I'm giving it to my wife for christmas. It was either this or an LAV, and this just seemed right for her.

Now just to convince her the LAV is a necessity for me :laugh:

Cool, has she shot an underfolder AK before?

THCDDM4
11-16-10, 12:59
Cool, has she shot an underfolder AK before?

Nope, only the Norinco mak-90's we have with fixed stocks. I know she is going to love it. I am so excited I want to give it to her already, but I have to wait for X-mas; consarnat!

Come to think of it I have never shot a true underfolder either; only fixed or side/over folders. I am excited as hell.

I found another SAS M7 Classic here in Colo. for private sale (Not from anyone I know personally though) that is calling my name since I bought the first one. It is not as good of a deal as I got on the first one, but I think I want it. If I pass on it, does anyone from Colorado want the contact info so they can buy it?

How hard are these to find? Just wondering since I found 2 in my relative backyard in the last month or so; and I wasn't even looking specifically for them; just for cool stuff in general. Is that uncommon?

TOrrock
11-16-10, 15:05
Nope, only the Norinco mak-90's we have with fixed stocks. I know she is going to love it. I am so excited I want to give it to her already, but I have to wait for X-mas; consarnat!

Come to think of it I have never shot a true underfolder either; only fixed or side/over folders. I am excited as hell.

I found another SAS M7 Classic here in Colo. for private sale (Not from anyone I know personally though) that is calling my name since I bought the first one. It is not as good of a deal as I got on the first one, but I think I want it. If I pass on it, does anyone from Colorado want the contact info so they can buy it?

How hard are these to find? Just wondering since I found 2 in my relative backyard in the last month or so; and I wasn't even looking specifically for them; just for cool stuff in general. Is that uncommon?

Pretty uncommon, but isn't Jensen Arms in CO? They were a very large Arsenal dealer.

There were about 600 SAS-M7 Classics built.

THCDDM4
11-16-10, 15:31
Templar,

Jensen is in Loveland, CO. So I guess that would make some sense. Thanks for the information and the help Templar; it is always appreciated!

Take care!