PDA

View Full Version : Tried the search functions but:

M&P15OR
11-04-10, 16:06
Ok guys I'm sorry if this has been discussed before and I did try the search function at the top highlighted in yellow as well the search in grey but came up with nothing at all. So here goes. I am wondering if and what I have to do to be able to have 3 round burst on my M&P 15. I figure if it's allowed at all it will cost to legally have it but I'm not even sure if it's allowed at all. I realize I would most likely have to get a M16 BCG but I'm really just wodering if it's legal and what steps to take. I realize it would heat up a barrel faster and go through ammo quicker but I think it would be a nice option to have it in a SHTF scenario or just for a rush once in a while while target shooting. I searched using "how to make my AR-15 3 round burst capable" and "what do I have to do to make my AR-15 3round burst legally?" and "how can I make my S&W M&P15 legally have a 3 round burst?" it came up with nothing for all of these entries.

SHIVAN
11-04-10, 16:22
Do google searches for:

Registered Lighting Link
Registered Drop-in Auto Sear

You are looking at about $8,000 minimum, last I saw, to get a legal auto M&P15.

Check here for some pics of what I am talking about:

http://www.hk94.com/hk/topic/4405-drop-in-auto-sears-dias-faq/

M&P15OR
11-04-10, 16:24
thanks for the info but is 3 round burst actually considered full auto?

SHIVAN
11-04-10, 16:25
Here's a registered DIAS for sale:

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/nfa4sale.cgi?read=132430

SHIVAN
11-04-10, 16:29
thanks for the info but is 3 round burst actually considered full auto?

No, of course not. I just mentioned it to be silly. :suicide2:

M&P15OR
11-04-10, 16:30
Wow at these prices I am more than happy to keep it semi and just continue practicing on accuracy and speed of aquiring targets.

M&P15OR
11-04-10, 16:36
No, of course not. I just mentioned it to be silly. :suicide2:

Well thanks for the info anyway I was actually reading it when you made your second post. I thought my question about 3 round burst being considered full auto was legit I didn't know.

The_Hammer_Man
11-04-10, 17:16
Well thanks for the info anyway I was actually reading it when you made your second post. I thought my question about 3 round burst being considered full auto was legit I didn't know.

You're question was legit..

He's just being a goober :)

(He's good at that!)

SHIVAN
11-04-10, 18:51
Well to parse words, no 3rd burst is not full auto, it's 3 round burst -- making an automatic weapon (generic) or machine gun (ATF). Fundamentals still apply from above.

In order to play you'll need a DIAS or LL, and some ingenuity to get a 3rd burst kit to work with the internal foreign parts of the DIAS or LL.

I don't honestly believe a LL will work with a burst trigger due to the way the parts interact, but it should be mentioned that I believe I've heard of someone making it work with an aftermarket trigger, once. Might be on Quarterbore, Sturm or Subguns.