PDA

View Full Version : Colt sporter carbine?

SoDak
11-05-10, 15:29
I'm not sure if this gun is really retro, but I figured the Colt collectors here could help me out.

Yesterday I was browsing the local pawnshops and I found what I think is a Colt Sporter A2 carbine. I had an A2 upper with a 1/7 twist barrel. I think the lower was A2 and it had the sear block(or whatever that block is called). It also had a 2 position fiberite stock. I wasn't in bad shape and I thought it might make a handy ranch rifle. What I wanted to ask was what should I offer for it? Considering CDNN has used 6520's for $800-900 I figured this one might be a bit cheaper since it has the weird lower, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

m4fun
11-07-10, 01:07
This might be one of those Colts to forget about, unless it was going for $500. Honestly, has the worst of the worst features back when Colt was playing PC prior to the 94ban - sear block, big holes, fixed carry handle. Unless you need one of every Colt made, walk.

scottryan
11-07-10, 17:32
This gun did not come from the factory with a collapsing stock. It came with a A2 stock.

It depends if this lower is drilled for a pushpin. If it is slabside I would pass.

It is preban.

kmrtnsn
11-07-10, 18:29
If it is a big pin Colt, stay away; they're junk. Get something with upgrade potential, BCUSA is a good start.

SoDak
11-07-10, 19:43
Sounds like a pass then. Thanks for the advice.

R Moran
11-07-10, 22:39
I wouldn't say they were junk. I had one, that I put a Colt collapsible stock on, and it ran fine for long time. I sold it, to someone in a ban state.

Daniel Defense used to make a big hole, flat top upper, don't know if they still do.

For the right price it may make a decent ranch or "kiss" rifle. Or you could flip it, to someone in a ban state.

Bob

SoDak
11-07-10, 23:12
I wouldn't say they were junk. I had one, that I put a Colt collapsible stock on, and it ran fine for long time. I sold it, to someone in a ban state.

Daniel Defense used to make a big hole, flat top upper, don't know if they still do.

For the right price it may make a decent ranch or "kiss" rifle. Or you could flip it, to someone in a ban state.

Bob

Yeah, but unless a wad cash talks better than I think, I doubt the shop will go for $500-600(they want something like $1250:eek:).

usmcvet
11-27-10, 23:07
Man that is about what a new Colt is going for.