PDA

View Full Version : Troy FDE color

ra2bach
11-05-10, 15:51
Kinda dumb question but does anyone know if the FDE color Troy uses on their sights matches their rails?

I ask because I just got a Troy 11"TRX Extreme rail and it's kinda metallic greenish gold - darker than other FDE I've seen.

I don't mind it at all but I'm ordering a Troy front sight and if it doesn't match, I'd just as soon go with black.

dennisuello
11-05-10, 15:59
I have a Troy VFG and it doesn't match the tint of the TRX rail. VFG matches Magpul FDE pretty well though.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_1vxvP2NBwEo/TLpvklH_6KI/AAAAAAAACjU/EbJmtECeOkI/s800/OL195565.JPG

lethal dose
11-05-10, 17:14
Think robb said they were anodizing them but are now coating and match better.

ra2bach
11-05-10, 21:57
Think robb said they were anodizing them but are now coating and match better.

I looked at pictures of Troy accessories and it looks like there is two different colors of FDE - anodized, and coated, which seems lighter. the one I just got looks very much like a metallic anodized finish.

anyway, I'm not worried about making a homogeneous colored gun. I just didn't want to go to the trouble of getting an FDE front sight and having it not match.

I went ahead and got the black Troy HK style folding front sight. there are plenty of other black parts on this rifle so I don't think it'll make much difference in the scheme of things...