PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Plate

BVickery
11-05-10, 23:41
Ok, I'm looking at my SBR lower and thinking the DD Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point (http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=78) and got it when I was thinking of a single point attachment. Now I am thinking since I'm going to a more traditional 2 point attachment, and the way the MOE stock hooks up close the attachment point is awkward.

I was thinking of something like the Magpul ASAP, any thoughts or other rear receiver plates I should be looking at? And and all feed back would be welcome, but when you do suggest, if a reason on 'why' would help greatly.

Thanks.

sammage
11-06-10, 00:16
The Noveske QD plate will give you a little more room. With most Magpul stocks fully collapsed, it might try and push the button.

jklaughrey
11-06-10, 00:31
+1 on the Noveske if your going to run QD, it is more in line with standard "milspec" plates. Thinner, smaller profile than the DD. Or you could run a Burnsed loop if you plan on only running 2 pt and have no need for QD. Magpul asap is good for its intended purpose, kind of a middle of the road 1/2pt set up. Not the best at both, but everything is a trade off.

Meplat
11-06-10, 00:39
Ok, I'm looking at my SBR lower and thinking the DD Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point (http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=78) and got it when I was thinking of a single point attachment. Now I am thinking since I'm going to a more traditional 2 point attachment, and the way the MOE stock hooks up close the attachment point is awkward.

I was thinking of something like the Magpul ASAP, any thoughts or other rear receiver plates I should be looking at? And and all feed back would be welcome, but when you do suggest, if a reason on 'why' would help greatly.

Thanks.
I'd have to advise against the ASAP. After using one, I'm really not a fan. A good idea, but certainly one that I felt could use refining. Very hard to torque down because of the design and the edges that are on it don't let your spanner wrench get on it easily, if at all. That's really the only thing I have to bitch about it, as it did perform as it's supposed to, I just wasn't too crazy about it.
The Noveske QD end plates are what I'm using now, and definitely recommended as I feel it allows you to use a wider variety of sling attachment types. They're also all steel and cheaper than the DD. Just something to consider.

BVickery
11-06-10, 09:54
Oh, I need to add that I'm not stuck on the QD style and am looking at a new sling as well (Either pick up a new BFGCAS or a VTAC sling).