PDA

View Full Version : DD 14.5 upper

Ironbutt
11-06-10, 18:02
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these DD uppers & DD bolt from Smartgunner.

http://www.smartgunner.com/URG2002FSP.aspx

How is he to deal with?

allmixedup
11-07-10, 11:38
I've heard mixed things from researching previous posts, but I just ordered an upper myself, last night, I'll tag this post and let you know how it goes.

dieselgeek
11-07-10, 11:53
Big thread about this sale on another forum. Every one seems happy with it.

JDW67
11-07-10, 12:14
Big thread about this sale on another forum. Every one seems happy with it.

Which forum?

dieselgeek
11-07-10, 13:27
Which forum?

Ar15.com. Just feedback from shipping look real good.

wahoo95
11-29-10, 15:19
Received my two orders last week......I'm happy! The biggest issue is that some folks expect to receive their upper in a week or so and it takes longer. These uppers are built by and shipped directly from Daniel Defense so Tommy(Smartgunner) is really kinda at the mercy of their work load. I didn't mind the 3.5 week wait considering I got two 14.5" Middy Lightweight uppers equipped with what amounts to free $330 rails and had my BattleComp and Phantom pinned for free! Some others have experienced issues when ordering other items directly from him. Since these come directly from DD I don't expect there to be any issues.

Total invested in the top rifle is < $1k and the bottom closer to $1,300 due to the added BattleComp, RRA Trigger, Spikes ST-T2 Buffer and MOE Furniture.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/Random%20Pics/IMG_4740.jpg

shootist~
11-29-10, 15:44
Which forum?

Related thread in this forum:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65601

I ordered a stripped LW upper on Friday, but I don't expect to see it (or some of my other parts) before January.

BrentC
11-29-10, 16:05
Not sure if you tried searching but the thread shootist posted isnt that old. I ordered an upper through Tommy and he is great to work with, if you have any questions call him and im sure he can answer them for you.(other than when will it be shipped, its out of his control)

Mark71
11-29-10, 16:10
Did you guys receive any notification on when the uppers were shipping from Daniel Defense or did it just arrive without you knowing?

Thanks

BrentC
11-29-10, 16:12
Wahoo your lower rifle has the exact same upper i ordered seeing it is going to drive me insane till it arrives.

Received my two orders last week......I'm happy! The biggest issue is that some folks expect to receive their upper in a week or so and it takes longer. These uppers are built by and shipped directly from Daniel Defense so Tommy(Smartgunner) is really kinda at the mercy of their work load. I didn't mind the 3.5 week wait considering I got two 14.5" Middy Lightweight uppers equipped with what amounts to free $330 rails and had my BattleComp and Phantom pinned for free! Some others have experienced issues when ordering other items directly from him. Since these come directly from DD I don't expect there to be any issues.

Total invested in the top rifle is < $1k and the bottom closer to $1,300 due to the added BattleComp, RRA Trigger, Spikes ST-T2 Buffer and MOE Furniture.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb244/a996hawk/Random%20Pics/IMG_4740.jpg

wahoo95
11-29-10, 16:18
Did you guys receive any notification on when the uppers were shipping from Daniel Defense or did it just arrive without you knowing?

Thanks

They sent me shipping notification with tracking information.

allmixedup
11-29-10, 18:26

Thanks

After about 3 weeks, I recieved a tracking number for my upper being shipped directly from Daniel Defense.

BrentC
11-29-10, 18:40
After about 3 weeks, I recieved a tracking number for my upper being shipped directly from Daniel Defense.

Just curious did you have a flash hider pinned?

allmixedup
11-29-10, 18:41
Just curious did you have a flash hider pinned?

Yes sir, BC 1.5 pinned, so roughly 3 weeks after my order on Smartgunner, I got the tracking number, so add about 1 week for delivery. It takes time, but most good things do.

Scotter260
11-29-10, 22:10
I ordered a 14.5" lightweight carbine upper with a pinned BC 1.5 on 11/09 and it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow. According to what I've read "elsewhere" they're only pinning one day per week causing a longer wait for anything with a pinned hider/comp.

FWIW