PDA

View Full Version : Barrel info

DonJose
11-07-10, 16:03
I asked about Carbine vs Mid
Now I am also looking at getting another upper from Bravo Company.
I am trying to figure out Chrome Lined vs Hammer Forged Chrome Lined vs SS barrel I will be using it for a coyote hunting /2 legged critter defense.Will I be able to tell the differance as far accuracy between the three and which one would be the better choice?Again I would like accuracy and the abilty to shoot any ammo through it, I also am going to start reloading for it as well so I can get a accurate pet load for coyote.

Jason

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-07-10, 16:23
Not to be a dick, but both questions youve posted today have been brought up numerous times. A quick search will yeild multiple threads on this topic.

DonJose
11-07-10, 20:59
I guess the next time I ask for some info I will put in the message all
Not to be a dickplease dont reply.

Jason

citizensoldier16
11-07-10, 22:07
http://technology.calumet.purdue.edu/met/higley/Precision%20Shooting%20Magazine%20-%20November-%202005%20(Vol_%2053%20-%20No_%207).htm

Credit to Thomas M-4 for originally posting the above link.

D. Christopher
11-07-10, 22:58
Don't worry about it DonJose, some folks will bust your chops if you want to interact with other humans and ask a question if they feel you haven't Googled enough. Others will do the same thing if you revive an old thread, so you can't win either way.

I've owned and used variations of all 3 BCM barrels you are currently considering but I don't have a SS right now. The SS I had was probably the most accurate one I've owned but it was on more of a precision rifle setup than the rest and I feel that had more to do with the accuracy, at least in my case. My most recent BCM upper is a BFH and it is extremely accurate. If you load your own and are more of a precision shooter I might recommend the SS, but you can't go wrong with any of them. I really like the BFH barrels on duty and heavy use carbines but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another standard barrel. BCM's customer service is top notch as well. Good luck.

MustangGreg66
11-11-10, 14:20
citizensoldier16 - that link is a really good read on Hammer Forged barrels. I never really knew what went into them and never really regarded them as being as good as cut match barrels. While still not as good in my eyes, I've got to say I've gain a new respect for them.