PDA

View Full Version : bowie tactical concepts glock

glockkid88
11-07-10, 16:39
I have a glock 19 at Bowie Tactical Concepts right now and am looking for advice as to whether or not I should have the finger grooves removed or not. I have a Bowie glock23 that has the finger grooves and they dont bother me but I am wondering if having the finger grooves removed would help me get a better grip? Any advice?

JohnN
11-07-10, 16:43
All depends on the shape of you hands but I would have to think if they don't bother you on a 23 you should be GTG.

rainman
11-07-10, 16:52
...I would have to think if they don't bother you on a 23 you should be GTG.

I agree with the above. On my personal G19s (various vintages done by Robar, Bowie, and Boresight Solutions), I've had the finger grooves rounded/melted some...you still feel them, but not quite as pronounced. It's a compromise I've been happy with...YMMV.

-Rainman

willowofwisp
11-07-10, 17:58
I prefer to not have the finger grooves but i like how boresight solutions leaves the top most one just a little bit

glockkid88
11-07-10, 18:51
The only thing that i dont like about having the finger grooves on my 23 are that if my grip isnt right on when presenting the gun from the holster I have to adjust. If there were no finger grooves i dont think this would be a problem.

JohnN
11-07-10, 22:44
So, you essentially answered your own question. Having the finger grooves removed would be an advantage in handling your 19.

Bolt_Overide
11-08-10, 01:55
I prefer to remove the finger grooves as quickly as possible from any glock I get. But I am sort of a mutant and have hands like a catchers mit.

sundance435
11-08-10, 12:26
Since I don't have your hands attached to my wrists, I find this question hard to answer, but it seems you have answered it yourself.