PDA

View Full Version : Personal Security Systems kydex holsters

twitch1706
11-07-10, 19:30
UPDATE 17Jan2011: As promised I am updating my original review, as I have received the newer model of holster offered by Personal Security Systems. Review of the new model follows the original review.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/twitch1706/Holster002.jpg

I was clued into Personal Security Systems (http://www.psholsters.com)' holsters by Beretta96fs here (https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=789285&postcount=33) and it looked like it fit the bill for what I was looking for: a kydex pancake without the 3-month wait time Raven carries. I sent off an e-mail to Steve of PSS and awaited the arrival of my new holster.

When the package arrived (a very short 2 weeks later) I tore into it like a kid on Christmas morning. I opted for a magazine holder to compliment the holster. Both are nicely contoured to fit the waistline, although if this were not the case it's easy enough to fix by means of careful application of a heat gun. The standard belt loops offered are 1.5"; I had requested 1.75" and they were substituted free of charge.

Holster retention is in my mind perfect: not too loose where the loaded gun easily falls out, nor too tight where my pants come up with it during the draw. Having run a few drills at the range, I feel safe in that the gun won't be going anywhere until I make it.

There is no doubt in my mind that this holster will last very long and hold up to much wear-and-tear; I've absolutely no fear that it may crack due to being too thin (as it is fairly stout material).

Considering the pricing, fast turn around, and great service offered by Steve at PSS, I recommend these holsters to anyone wanting a fine product.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/twitch1706/EDC.jpg

Updated Review

Since November when I first posted my review, Steve at PSS has received much feedback regarding the holsters they make. One of the more common complaints was the excess material at the muzzle-end of the holsters; in the new model the kydex is trimmed much closer to the muzzle thereby eliminating this excess material. For those of you who do like the extra material along the bottom edge, you're still in luck: keeping the material along the bottom is an option.

The new model is on the left
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/twitch1706/PSS/1.jpg

As can be seen in the photo, the molding with the new holsters is much more (for lack of a better word) detailed. This is due to two things. First, the kydex used in my holster is 0.06" while the older made use of 0.08". Steve has said he uses the thinner on his personal set up (as well as the backing for colored pieces) and has had no issue with it in terms of strength and longevity. The thickness of kydex used is yet another option the customer can make while placing an order. Secondly, I'm told the equipment in use at PSS has gone through a renovation of sorts. They are now using a much more heavy press that allows for a closer mold to the model, which in and of itself serves two purposes as I see it: aesthetics and retention.

With the closer mold more material dips into the trigger guard, thereby increasing the retention. The retention with this new holster is much more strong than that of my original. That's not to say I found the retention lacking with my original; quite the opposite, in fact. With this new holster however, a deliberate and solid motion is necessary to remove the firearm. Your gun sure as hell won't be going anywhere until you make it.

Frankly I didn't know what I was missing with my older holster until the new one arrived. The body-side of the holster is more relieved which aids in attaining proper grip during the draw. While there is still a sweat-guard along the slide (in contrast to Raven Concealment's 'Magpul cut') I have no issue in gripping my Glock properly under both static drills and while moving.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/twitch1706/PSS/2.jpg

Part of the material removed uncovers the magazine release. While I don't feel that having this exposed presents a problem, it is a change from the older model.

The top edge of the holster is cut in such a way that it does not rub the middle finger while gripping the firearm. While I had no issue with rubbing with my old holster, the new model has slightly more material removed to further eliminate this from happening.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/twitch1706/PSS/Mag-Catch.jpg

The last of the major improvements is the hardware used. The screws themselves have a larger and rounded head, and from my as-of-yet-limited experience messing around with this setup, are snag free. Sandwiched between the holster body and belt loops is a thin rubber washer. From what I can tell this serves to help eliminate squeaking caused by the rubbing of the kydex rivets, as well as provide enough resistance to help keep the screws from backing out. A little threadlocker never hurt, however (and is indeed suggested on the handling and care sheet included in the shipping package).

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt298/twitch1706/PSS/Hardware.jpg

All in all, I think the improvements offered by the new model of Personal Security Systems kydex holster work great. The final product is no-nonsense, and in my eye leaves little room for further improvement.

Disclosure Statement: In the interest of full-disclosure, I received the new & updated holster as a gift from Steve and his staff at Personal Security Systems as a token of gratitude for the business generated by my original review here at M4Carbine.net

VolGrad
11-08-10, 07:58
A buddy of mine stumbled on to this company on S&W forum and is waiting for some T&E gear. He will be letting me have a whack at whatever he receives to provide feedback for the maker. Not sure when it will come or what he is sending but I will report back.

UDT
11-08-10, 09:15
Thanks, for the info. Looks nice.

Magic_Salad0892
11-08-10, 11:12
All P2S gear, from what I've seen is top notch. I plan on buying a Histati-1 Plate carrier in the future.

UDT
11-08-10, 18:48
Just talked with Steve, who helped me to come up with a holster and mag carrier that would suit my needs. Very easy to deal with, so I went ahead and ordered one from him, great delivery time quoted also.

Heidevolk
11-08-10, 20:24
Looks a lot like Raven...

Did they just copy it?

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-08-10, 22:55

Did they just copy it?

I've made my own and it is hard not to look like Raven stuff. That said, I see differences just at first glance. It is after you make your own that you start to appreciate the little things that go into making good kydex. It takes awhile to be fluent in the Raven dialect of Kydexx. I'm barely conversant.

skyugo
11-09-10, 00:13

Did they just copy it?

here we go again...

if they copied raven, then every polymer pistol is a copy of the HK P9 or the glock 17.

and noveske is just a copy of bushmaster.

I think most of us here can understand that there's a lot more to making a decent holster than slapping a couple pieces of kydex together.

raven has arguably invented the standard, and they make a very nice holster. Raven is also a long wait, and may not be as willing to customize as some smaller makers.
for the "raven style" holster to evolve, more people will be getting into the game, and we'll all be rewarded with shorter wait times, better quality, better features, and lower prices. Capitalism at work.

twitch1706
11-09-10, 08:40
As simple as the basic kydex holster design is, there's bound to be instances where it appears one company copied another. Some of the examples skyugo provided, while hyperbole, do a fair job of explaining how certain ideas are picked up and run with.

As I stated in the OP, I knew I wanted a kydex pancake holster. Frankly I didn't care who made it. Raven is undoubtedly the niche benchmark, having been around for years and producing thousands of holsters. Again, as I already stated, the long wait on a Raven holster turned me off to them.

I wanted the holster right then and there; PSS was very easy to work with (especially considering I ordered before their website was up and running) and Steve quoted me an ETA on the order of 2 weeks. Do I think opting for one of his holsters instead of Raven's sacrificed quality? Not in the least! While my holster doesn't have as fine molding detail as other companies (ie. Raven, Kaluban Cloak) and therefore look as aesthetically pleasing, the important issue is that the holster serves its purpose, and very well.

Heidevolk
11-09-10, 09:04
I though Bushmaster could copy Colt because the patents had expired? (Same with 1911, etc.) or is it just an open mil-spec standard?

I'm hearing "it's hard not to copy Raven when you're copying Raven" because they paved the way and now everyone can see how they worked with Kydex.

Though you make a valid point with M&P/H&K/Kahr all copying Polymer pistol designs. I guess its just common business practice.

It just felt wrong to me on first glance. You're not inventing something new, just trying to ride on someone else's success. As far as I can tell the only reason to go with these guys is lack of wait time compared to Raven? Again, the problem they're solving wouldn't even exist if there wasn't Raven...

twitch1706
11-09-10, 09:14
As far as I can tell the only reason to go with these guys is lack of wait time compared to Raven?

Would you need much more reasoning? Similar, if not equal, quality of product, cheaper prices, great warranty. I'm not trying to fling poo, simply trying to get a better understanding of where you're coming from.

I fear that the recent explosion in Raven Concealment fans due in part to Magpul's Dynamic Handgun video has flooded the market with people who feel that Raven is the only worthy Kydex holster company. The way I see it, they simply have much more exposure. I'm not trying to say that PSS holsters are an improvement; they're merely an alternative option.

There's only but so much difference that can be done with a kydex molding. Whoever first made kydex molded holsters could have patented them if they didn't want competition.

As it has been said before, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I just can't get past paying 25% more and waiting an additional 2.5 months for a nearly identical product from RCS.

VolGrad
11-09-10, 09:14
I though Bushmaster could copy Colt because the patents had expired? (Same with 1911, etc.) or is it just an open mil-spec standard?Not sure but I do know there isn't a patent on most any holster design ... Raven or anyone else. I recall a similar discussion to this on another forum recently WRT to a Milt Sparks VMII style design.

Fact is, there aren't that many ways to make a holster. When someone does make a breakthrough of some sort people are going to get on board or else continue to lose out on the market. Is it right? I can't say. Is it standard business practice? YES. Go find a leather holster that doesn't make something that is very similar to a VMII or a Avenger.

It does suck to design something yourself and then see others make a bunch of money on it. I get that. I actually designed my own pocket holster and had a big name maker produce it for me. I spec'd it out then sketched it out with detailed notes. I told him exactly what I wanted and he made it exactly like I wanted. I won't make any money off of it at all even though he will likely add it to his site as a production item. He will make money off my design. I probably should have thought that one through before hand and made some kind of arrangement but hindsight is 20/20.

My point is Raven is selling all they can make. It's not like they are losing money from all the clones on the market. I have purchased and received two clones from different makers during the time I have been waiting for my Raven. I can't wait to compare them side-by-side and over time. However, in the meantime I have helped a couple of small businesses out with some business and have received some quality gear. One business was is a veteran SF Operator and the other supports the gaming community. I feel it's a win for everyone. YMMV.

VolGrad
11-09-10, 09:30
I'm not trying to fling poo, simply trying to get a better understanding of where you're coming from.

I fear that the recent explosion in Raven Concealment fans due in part to Magpul's Dynamic Handgun video has flooded the market with people who feel that Raven is the only worthy Kydex holster company.
I too am not trying to fling anything. I think Raven makes awesome gear and provides amazing customer service. I will continue to be a customer. Admittedly, I will prob purchase from other companies as well. I simply can't wait 4-6 months each time I need a holster. Sometimes, I need something quicker and small shops like this one or .... or ..... provide a great alternative. aHolster is another small shop I like. Tiger McKee endorses them but he's not nearly as big of a name as the MD guys.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Raven's popularity exploding in part due to the exposure through Magpul. It will continue with the new LAV endorsement.

TomF
11-09-10, 09:55
I generally stay out of these threads. However, I would like to address one thing, as it directly relates to us:

Raven is also a long wait, and may not be as willing to customize as some smaller makers.

Can you provide any evidence of this claim?

VolGrad
11-09-10, 10:02
I generally stay out of these threads. However, I would like to address one thing, as it directly relates to us:

I am glad you chimed in Tom. From what I have personally experienced .... RCS will bend over backwards to make a customer happy. If it means customizing something, they will prob do it so long as they are capable. If it means accommodating fifteen million changes by the customer during their long wait ..... they'll do that too.

EDIT: Now ... if they will just make my gear in the ORANGE kydex .... :laugh:

shawn c
11-09-10, 10:41
Sorry for the continued thread drift.

Not sure but I do know there isn't a patent on most any holster design ... Raven or anyone else. I recall a similar discussion to this on another forum recently WRT to a Milt Sparks VMII style design.

Your partially right with this one.

Bill Rogers holds patent# 3,902,639 circa November 21, 1972 for the first all plastic holster. It was constructed of a material called Noryl and was made by GE. There were issues with the material cracking at the re-curve areas of the holster which led Bill to seek out an extruded sheet plastic called Kydex and manufactured by the Rohm & Haas Company which he began using in 1973.

Bill holds several different holster patents and processes for manufacturing holsters. He was truly ahead of his time and challenged the status quo not only in regards to holster design and manufacturing but training methodology as well.

Now back to the original thread. Looking forward to hearing more feedback on the PSS holsters as they appear to be solidly constructed and have a design feature that adresses a deficiency with another product that is highly touted on here. At least for me anyway.

YMMV.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-09-10, 12:43
If I may critique, since I have made just about every boneheaded mistake trying to make Kydex holsters. The main differences I see between Raven and the above Kydex.

1. Flat head screws on the inside attachment points. Raven used rounded screws- and I think those shiny flat heads might have a sharp edge on them.

2. Economy in dimensions near the muzzle. There is a what I would consider extra material near the muzzle end. This can compromise comfort- if too long it will dig into your leg in certain positions.

3. It looks like the holster has a general curve to it, which is great, most poorly designed Kydex is flat, and we are all round to a certain degree. Raven gear also has a bend also just at the attachment points. I think this is the secret to how it lays so flat and low profile on people.

They look like nice kit, but I don't think that they are trying to copy Raven. I've tried to copy Raven and it ain't easy. You can tell that every piece that goes into their stuff is there and that way for a reason.

Does Raven make the ultimate Kydex holster, no- but I do think they make the best- and there is still room for improvement. Maybe one of these other guys will take it to the next level.

VolGrad
11-09-10, 12:49
2. Economy in dimensions near the muzzle. There is a what I would consider extra material near the muzzle end. This can compromise comfort- if too long it will dig into your leg in certain positions.Excellent point. I thought the same thing. Not only can this cause discomfort it can stick out below an untucked shirt.

CCK
11-09-10, 13:03

I wanted a negative cant Ghost to be used as an appendix holster. Raven declined to make it for me.

Chris

TomF
11-09-10, 14:12
I wanted a negative cant Ghost to be used as an appendix holster. Raven declined to make it for me.

Chris

In that specific instance, it's because we understand where our products excel and where they don't. A Ghost worn in the appendix position is not going to conceal very well because of the curve of the item. Rather than send a product out that will not meet the customers needs, there are some projects we are forced to turn down.

We offer a wider handgun and light selection of just about anyone out there, and are always open to making specific modifications for customers needs, provided the modification will still produce a functional piece.

I don't wish to derail this thread any further, if anyone has specific questions for me or RCS, please see us in our sponsor forum under the Manufacturers' subforums.

Thanks,

Steve S.
11-09-10, 21:35
Deleted by request.

Steve S.
11-09-10, 22:07
I am glad you chimed in Tom. From what I have personally experienced .... RCS will bend over backwards to make a customer happy. If it means customizing something, they will prob do it so long as they are capable. If it means accommodating fifteen million changes by the customer during their long wait ..... they'll do that too.

EDIT: Now ... if they will just make my gear in the ORANGE kydex .... :laugh:

Not sure how serious you were, but I know Steve has used Orange before. I've seen the scraps in the shop. Hot pink too! His wife has a hot pink holster, which suprisingly looks pretty cool (no homo).

I forgot to mention that he offers mag carriers (at my request) for the Lancer, TangoDown, and MP15-22 Mags. I'm not positive, but I don't think anyone else offers these.

Semizal0311
11-10-10, 12:23
Atomic Dog Holsters come in orange as well and about half the wait as a Raven
Just sayin...

CCK
11-11-10, 17:06
In that specific instance, it's because we understand where our products excel and where they don't. A Ghost worn in the appendix position is not going to conceal very well because of the curve of the item. Rather than send a product out that will not meet the customers needs, there are some projects we are forced to turn down.

We offer a wider handgun and light selection of just about anyone out there, and are always open to making specific modifications for customers needs, provided the modification will still produce a functional piece.

I don't wish to derail this thread any further, if anyone has specific questions for me or RCS, please see us in our sponsor forum under the Manufacturers' subforums.

Thanks,

So just to be clear you do what the customer asks until you don't.

Gotcha.

Originally Posted by skyugo
Raven is also a long wait, and may not be as willing to customize as some smaller makers.

By the way I asked Brian at Atomic Dog for the same thing. He did it and it works great.

So you called a guy out and I proved that he was indeed exactly right.

Chris

tactical221
11-11-10, 20:38
While I am sure there are other companies out there that make great products I totally believe that the wait for raven products is well worth it. Do I wish there was not such a long wait... Sure doesn't everyone. Some things are worth the wait though and in my experience raven will bend over backwards to help out and accommodate your needs.

Steve S.
11-13-10, 03:58
The Beretta 96fs with Glove cutout & set up to disengage the safety on a draw. I dont know a whole lot about kydex but this is the best holster ive seen in my life. I know I have a bias but all that aside I was blown away when I received this.

I know a lot of people dont like the Beretta 92/96 series but this holster fixes a serious flaw by disengaging the safety automatically when you draw.

I'M IN LOVE!! :D Thanks Steve!!

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/Beretta96fs/CCW/DSCN1673.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/Beretta96fs/CCW/DSCN1674.jpg

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee427/Beretta96fs/CCW/DSCN1677.jpg

Steve S.
12-04-10, 01:11
We had a lot of requests for weapon mounted lights. It would take a lot of time to e-mail everyone back who has inquired about them and has been patiently waiting. I just finished updating the site and have officially made the Handgun Light Carrier available for purchase. A few members have already received theirs before the official launch and we look forward to reviews!

Thank you to everyone who provided input. This site has directly helped shape some upcoming products through their suggestions. The support has been wonderful. We tested several designs and believe we chose the best possible design for a light carrier holster. It has a few unique features. There is more information on the website. Look out for some other upcoming products that will enhance our tools as firearm users.

Thanks again for everything!

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/PersonalSecurity/DSCN1696.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/PersonalSecurity/DSCN1697.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/PersonalSecurity/carryload.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/PersonalSecurity/DSCN1681.jpg

SeriousStudent
12-04-10, 13:01
I really like that TDI knife sheath - very nice!

PPGMD
12-04-10, 16:33
So just to be clear you do what the customer asks until you don't.

Gotcha.

No, he said they will do anything that they think would work. I wanted a smaller light carrier from what was delivered, I spec'ed out how I wanted it modified, and they made it for me. Hell I don't think they charged me for it either.

Anyways I think one of the main reasons this comes up in many threads as too many people write something to the effect of "I wanted a RCS holster, but I didn't like the wait, so I went with..." which can be interpreted that the company they are talking about is a copy of RCS.

Hound_va
12-04-10, 17:47
Manufacturers who do custom work are often put in a no win situation. If they made an item that the customer requested and the item does not work to the customers satisfaction, the customer often either wants the manufacturer to take it back, make another with slight mods at no cost, etc. The dissatisfied customer often resorts to the errornet to inform the world how that manufacturer's goods didn't work and they didn't stand behind it.

On the other hand when a manufacturer declines to do a custom job because they don't believe that it will work correctly, the dissatisfied customer runs to the errornet to tell the world how that manufacturer didn't take on a custom job even though they say they do custom jobs.

It's hard to believe some people feel slighted when a manufacturer turns down their custom job. It seems easy enough to move on and find a vendor who will agree to take on the work. Often it comes down to vendor B that took the job doesn't have the name recognition of vendor A who declined the work so the customer feels that they settled and they aren't happy. Then the cycle of "I didn't get what I wanted" begins all over again.

Alpha Sierra
12-04-10, 19:04

Did they just copy it?

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/JRossy/funny%20pics/Ohnonotthisshitagain.jpg

RCS does not own the design of kydex pancake holsters any more than Roy Baker owns the design of leather pancake holsters.

Steve S.
12-06-10, 20:59
I really like that TDI knife sheath - very nice!

We ordered the knife for a custom order. The original idea was to sell it off when we were done, but the owner of the company ended up liking it so much that he kept it. The Coyote gear is his actual carry set up.

I am also really impressed with the TDI knife. I may be putting away my CRKT for it. It's on the Christmas list :D .

The sheath that comes with it was very nice too. The only problem we noticed - and probably why the customer wanted a new sheath - was that it didn't allow a full grip on the knife. The new sheath looks a little weird but it draws the knife beautifully.

SeriousStudent
12-06-10, 21:19
We ordered the knife for a custom order. The original idea was to sell it off when we were done, but the owner of the company ended up liking it so much that he kept it. The Coyote gear is his actual carry set up.

I am also really impressed with the TDI knife. I may be putting away my CRKT for it. It's on the Christmas list :D .

The sheath that comes with it was very nice too. The only problem we noticed - and probably why the customer wanted a new sheath - was that it didn't allow a full grip on the knife. The new sheath looks a little weird but it draws the knife beautifully.

Sooooooooooooooooo...... ;)

If I wanted to order one, I should just shoot you nice gents an email?

Since you already have a TDI there at the shop, could I get in line for a sheath?

CCK
12-06-10, 21:24
No, he said they will do anything that they think would work. I wanted a smaller light carrier from what was delivered, I spec'ed out how I wanted it modified, and they made it for me. Hell I don't think they charged me for it either.

NO!

He asked for evidence. (and saying "claim" is very accusatory)

I provided it. I proved conclusively that RCS is less inclined to do custom things than smaller makers.

I'm sorry if that doesn't fit in line with your fanboyism. But it is most certainly the truth.

Chris

LHS
12-06-10, 23:46
As a fellow Beretta guy, I have but one question: Can you do one for a Beretta 92G Elite with the decock-only Brigadier slide? :)

KentuckyWindage
12-07-10, 00:59
After reading this thread I ordered a holster for my G17 and a mag carrier. I will post pics and a short review after i carry it for two weeks. I currently own a Raven for my 19 and a NTAC for my 26, so I like all flavors of Kool aid :D ......on a side note : this site costs me too much money. :mad:

Jim D
12-07-10, 07:49
He asked for evidence. (and saying "claim" is very accusatory)

I provided it. I proved conclusively that RCS is less inclined to do custom things than smaller makers.

I'm sorry if that doesn't fit in line with your fanboyism. But it is most certainly the truth.

Chris

So, you're pissed off that a company with a 3 month back-log didn't want to design a new product, just for you?

What you "proved" is that one other shop was willing to try something you suggested. Congrats.

CCK
12-07-10, 08:09
So, you're pissed off that a company with a 3 month back-log didn't want to design a new product, just for you?

What you "proved" is that one other shop was willing to try something you suggested. Congrats.

No I bought my RCS gear 3+ years ago before the 3 month backlog.

What I'm annoyed by is a rep from RCS coming in a thread about a competitor and trying to sound all high and mighty, calling out a regular member for a 100% truthful comment that member made. Who when called on his BS writes a lengthy follow up that the gist of is like I said earlier "we do what the customer asks, until we don't."

Chris

Jim D
12-07-10, 08:26
No I bought my RCS gear 3+ years ago before the 3 month backlog.

What I'm annoyed by is a rep from RCS coming in a thread about a competitor and trying to sound all high and mighty, calling out a regular member for a 100% truthful comment that member made. Who when called on his BS writes a lengthy follow up that the gist of is like I said earlier "we do what the customer asks, until we don't."

Chris

What I got from that was "we will accomidate the customer's request to every extent we can, but there are limits to what we are willing to put our name on."

jklaughrey
12-07-10, 08:35
You could ask me to build your house out of chopsticks, doesn't mean I am willing to do it and stake my reputation on being a competent builder on it! Glad you got what you wanted, hope it serves you well.

CCK
12-07-10, 08:46
Guys,
I have no problem whatsoever with RCS not building my holster the way I want it.

What bothered me is Tom coming in here and asking "Do you have any evidence of this claim." that they are less willing to alter a design compared to a smaller maker.

If Tom had A. Stayed out of the thread about a competitor. OR B. phrased it differently. OR C. when shown to be in the wrong, owned up to it, I would have no issue.

There are peoples opinions on this board who carry more weight. I would suggest anyone with "industry partner" as part of their identifier better be damn sure before calling out someone else.

Chris

jklaughrey
12-07-10, 08:49
I can respect your position on that. Probably time to move on though dead horse and all my friend.

Steve S.
12-07-10, 16:50
Sooooooooooooooooo...... ;)

If I wanted to order one, I should just shoot you nice gents an email?

Since you already have a TDI there at the shop, could I get in line for a sheath?

yea, thats no problem at all.

As a fellow Beretta guy, I have but one question: Can you do one for a Beretta 92G Elite with the decock-only Brigadier slide? :)

Can I get back to you on that? I own a Beretta, but I don't know exactly what is coming up on the next order for blue guns. I can find out tomorrow.

Steve S.
12-07-10, 16:53
And come on guys, please don't get this thread locked. We've got people ready to put up reviews that could make the difference in peoples decisions.

LHS
12-07-10, 19:48
Can I get back to you on that? I own a Beretta, but I don't know exactly what is coming up on the next order for blue guns. I can find out tomorrow.

Cool. I'm pretty sure neither ASP nor the Blue Gun people make models for the Brigadier-slide Berettas, unfortunately. I was hoping that a Beretta fan like yourself might have one to use as a mold :)

In any case, thanks for checking!

DMR
12-09-10, 09:18
All P2S gear, from what I've seen is top notch. I plan on buying a Histati-1 Plate carrier in the future.
:stop:

For clarity, Personal Protective Systems (http://www.p2sys.com/products.aspx?ID=1) (P2S= Histati-1 Plate carrier)does not appair to have anything to do with the company Personal Security Systems (PSS=Custom Kydex Holster Division). :stop:

KentuckyWindage
12-17-10, 13:46
As promised Review.....:D
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=848379#post848379

twitch1706
12-31-10, 16:51
Update in the OP.

Stay tuned!

crazynova
12-31-10, 20:04
I placed an order online a week ago today and have not heard a word about if they received it or anything, save for the PayPal payment email. Being the holidays I'm not overly concerned though.

VolGrad
12-31-10, 21:05
It's Christmas. Steve will get back to you. He let the crew have a few days off.

crazynova
01-01-11, 17:55
It's Christmas. Steve will get back to you. He let the crew have a few days off.

I figured that was the case, so I'm not too concerned about it. After all, his website did say they were working extra hours before Christmas, so I assumed they wouldn't be working much this past week.

CplHicks
01-09-11, 15:12
Just received an email from Steve about my pending order. Although nothing is set in stone yet, from the email i've received i'm pleased with the response. They've been more than accommodating concerning how I want the holster setup.

twitch1706
01-17-11, 16:03
Update in OP.

I received a new (current production) model this past weekend and threw something together comparing the old and new.

VolGrad
01-17-11, 16:31
The new version is fantastic looking. All things that were changed were exactly what I would ask for myself.

rickp
01-17-11, 17:36
I have 2 of Ravens's holsters and one on order. Great stuff, I carry my 1911 with my light in it all the time, sometimes all day long and I never have issues with it. It's my favorite rig outside my thigh rig.

One change I would like to see in their mag pouches is how wide they are. maybe Tom can comment.
If I wanted a rig to hold 4 mags that would take up my entire right side.

R.

VolGrad
01-17-11, 17:46
I have 2 of Ravens's holsters and one on order. Great stuff, I carry my 1911 with my light in it all the time, sometimes all day long and I never have issues with it. It's my favorite rig outside my thigh rig.

One change I would like to see in their mag pouches is how wide they are. maybe Tom can comment.
If I wanted a rig to hold 4 mags that would take up my entire right side.

R.

Not sure if you want 4 mags for carry, LEO duty, or comp but I have found using two singles from Personal Security backed by two singles from Kytex Shooting Gear to work well in a class setting. I used the PS gear as primary in my last class, doing re-loads from them. I used the Kytex to back fill my primary pouches between strings of fire. The Kytex Shooting Gear pouches are VERY compact and very inexpensive.

rickp
01-17-11, 19:10
Not sure if you want 4 mags for carry, LEO duty, or comp but I have found using two singles from Personal Security backed by two singles from Kytex Shooting Gear to work well in a class setting. I used the PS gear as primary in my last class, doing re-loads from them. I used the Kytex to back fill my primary pouches between strings of fire. The Kytex Shooting Gear pouches are VERY compact.

I like having the 4 during training. That's a good idea, never thought about mixing it up.

Thanks, I might just try that.

R.

VolGrad
01-17-11, 20:06
I like having the 4 during training. That's a good idea, never thought about mixing it up.

Thanks, I might just try that.

R.
The Kytex pouches are really compact and retain well. They ride lower on the belt based on their one piece construction. I but if one tried they could easily wear 6-8 at a time. I'm not saying I would, just saying you could.

Working with the pouches like I did in the last class was ideal for me though. It kept me from having full mags stuck in my pockets. I still used my regular pouches as primary so the "train like you carry" paradigm wasn't broken. I've worn a dump pouch on my 6 once during a class and had full mags in it but it felt as if I had a load in my shorts during drills that incorporated movement and I realized pretty quick it was a lame idea.