PDA

View Full Version : Supplemental Training 22, conversion or Buckmark

ASH556
11-08-10, 13:28
My primary pistol is a G19, and while 9mm isn't as expensive as some ammo, I'd still like to have a .22 that I can affort to shoot a lot more than 50 rnds a week. I'd also like it to be suppressor capable. I can get the Buckmark with a factory threaded barrel, and that looks like a winner, but would it be better to have a conversion kit for the Glock for controls familiarity. Then again, I can train reloads and clearing with snap caps. Any final warnings or thoughts before I take the plunge?

Thanks!

John_Wayne777
11-08-10, 15:09
If your goal is to build your ability to shoot your G19, rimfire practice with a completely different weapon will be of only limited utility. The different sights and trigger on the Buckmark means that there isn't as much transferability of skill and muscle memory built shooting the Buckmark.

Generally if you have a Glock the advice is to buy an Advantage Arms kit for it...the one that allows you to install sights identical to the sights you use for carry. In that way you at least have a very similar trigger and sight picture. Recently I wanted to improve my ability to use a J frame well, so I purchased a S&W 317 so I could shoot a revolver that is identical to my 442 in everything but caliber. It's paid dividends in my ability to shoot the 442.