PDA

View Full Version : Glock Trigger pin

jp0319
11-08-10, 18:34
I am having a devil of a time removing the trigger pin from my new glock 19. I have everything else removed but cannot get the trigger pin out. All other pins are out with no issue. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

JP

rlee560
11-08-10, 18:46
Wiggle the slide stop while pressing out the pin.

zenghost
11-08-10, 18:48
Try wiggling or moving the slide stop lever back and forth while pressing out the pin. That should free it up.

Quiet-Matt
11-08-10, 18:50
I agree, it is probably hanging on the slide stop. I depress that pin from the left side using a punch and slight pressure. Then with the other hand wiggle the slide stop lever with a little upward pressure. The little spring has the pivot point of the lever pushed into the groove of the pin. It may also help to place the frame on a roll of tape if you need to apply a little more pressure.

spr1
11-08-10, 18:58
The slide stop has a spring which biases it down and rearward. So, grab the slide stop and push it forward while rotating the front up a little, remembering that if you go in either direction to far, you just reverse the problem. The trigger pin has a groove in it that the slide stop fits into. You need to center the hole in the slide stop around the pin.
It takes some "fiddling", but after you have done it a few times, it gets easier.... or at least more logical.

jp0319
11-11-10, 23:13
Thanks guys I'll try that

Iraqgunz
11-12-10, 00:03
I would also try and remove it by pushing the pin towards the right and not the left.

Thanks guys I'll try that

spr1
11-12-10, 04:16
I would also try and remove it by pushing the pin towards the right and not the left.

Yes! Otherwise you might well get to fiddle with it twice. The pin is grooved on both ends for foolproof installation.