PDA

View Full Version : M&P airgun -- holster fit etc?

chadbag
11-09-10, 15:26
I am thinking about getting an M&P BB airgun to practice holster draws and manipulations etc in my house. Since my firearm M&P is my carry gun, and I don't want to dink around with it more than needed.

This is it here:

http://www.airgundepot.com/smith-and-wesson-m-and-p-40-black-177-co2-bb-pistol.html

Anyone have or use one? Dimensionally does it fit M&P holsters (like Safariland ALS)? It seems to be a real S&W licensed product so hopefully would have reasonable compatibility dimension wise.

Thanks
Chad

Frank Castle
11-09-10, 15:54
I have one that I got for that exact purpose. Mine fits my Bladetech and Safariland holsters perfectly. Surefire X300 fits/functions as well. However, I should state that mine is different. Mine does not have a fiber optic rear site and incorporates BACS versus smooth bore. Mine is officially licensed as well- I picked mine up at Academy if memory serves me correctly.

mnoe82
11-09-10, 18:38
Thanks for the heads up on this. I saw those at Bass Pro this weekend and was wondering the same thing.

chadbag
11-09-10, 19:17
The one listed at Academy on their website, as of now, is this same one. It is made by Umarex. Maybe previously it was a different model.

It seems extra mags are hard to get and expensive :-(

I may try and tell the wife about this for Christmas or something.

chadbag
11-10-10, 01:50
It appears that the UMAREX SKU for the extra magazines is 2253517 and they can be found at various places including Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Beretta-Elite-Crosman-19-Shot-Stick/dp/B001BR2YTQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

98z28
11-13-10, 14:14
I picked up one of the non-fiber optic rear sight BB pistols for the same purpose. It is an "officially licensed" S&W M&P as well. The gip is more squared off than the real gun, but it works fine with an X300 attached in my Raven Phantom and my Safariland ALS holsters (both a 6360 and 6377).

300WM
11-16-10, 21:48
Bought one (after breaking four or five Daisies), but not for holstering. Mad fun speed shooting on indoor target range (aka my den). If it keeps you from tearing up your real gun, you have my vote. I do something similar with an air pistol to keep from having any unnecessary breakages.

Hard to believe someone hasn't accosted you because you are not using your real gun for this because of the weight difference...I am on your side.

RancidSumo
11-16-10, 22:09
Bought one (after breaking four or five Daisies), but not for holstering. Mad fun speed shooting on indoor target range (aka my den). If it keeps you from tearing up your real gun, you have my vote. I do something similar with an air pistol to keep from having any unnecessary breakages.

Hard to believe someone hasn't accosted you because you are not using your real gun for this because of the weight difference...I am on your side.

Its a little bit different to use a toy gun to practice draw stroke when the movement is the same and it is the holster that matters here. MUCH different than claiming that dry-firing an airsoft pistol helps improve your trigger pull on you real, carry/defensive, pistol.

300WM
11-17-10, 11:08
If you believe the holster practice gun is a toy, try shooting yourself in the foot with it. Only a dolt would continue to say something doesn't work for someone who believes it does.

RancidSumo
11-17-10, 16:50
Ok well I believe that playing videogames helps me get better at sight alignment. You're a dolt if you disagree.

300WM
11-17-10, 17:57
Ok well I believe that playing videogames helps me get better at sight alignment. You're a dolt if you disagree.

I feel no need to further condescend or disrespect and wreck this dude's thread. I am pulling out of this convo. Feel free to get the last word.

Chad bag, my apologies to you. Where would we be today if we listened to every person that told us something would not work, or there is no way we can get there.