PDA

View Full Version : Dremel Tool

Iraqgunz
11-09-10, 15:37
I want to share my recent exeprience with the Dremel Tool corporation. About 3 years ago my wife purchased a Dremel tool for me at Walmart when I was in Iraq.

It definitely saw some use and came in handy on many occasions. Even after I got home I was using quite a bit. About 2 weeks ago it just died on me. I contacted Dremel and they advised that it had a 5 year warranty and I could send it in. I told their rep that I didn't have the receipt and they said not to worry.

I sent it off and then waited. Yesterday my new tool arrived. Apparently mine couldn't be fixed so they replaced it with what appears to be a new Dremel 4000. In addition they sent me a free attachment.

That is some real customer service. I would have been happy with the old one had they fixed it. Nice to see that some companies really want to take care of customers.

Rmplstlskn
11-09-10, 15:41
I want to share my recent exeprience with the Dremel Tool corporation.

Thanks, that is good to hear...

I wish I could get such speedy response from DD after the email I sent them about replacing a broken part almost two weeks ago... :(

Rmpl

chadbag
11-09-10, 15:42

I wish I could get such speedy response from DD after the email I sent them about replacing a broken part almost two weeks ago... :(

Rmpl

Who did you send it to?

skyugo
11-09-10, 15:43
nice..
dremels are great tools, sure lots of hamfists destroy all kinds of various gear with them, but my little dremel has bailed me out of all kinds of stick situations. slotting stripped screws, widening holes, fitting parts.

:cool:

Iraqgunz
11-09-10, 15:59
My general advice and practice is to follow up every email with a phone call. Large companies receive a ton of email and it can very easily slip through the cracks.

Rmpl

chadbag
11-09-10, 16:04

Rmpl

I ask who you sent it to because I think Joe Marler is out on leave with a new born kid. I have not gotten the birth announcement but I did get an email about 2 weeks ago that they were expecting the baby to be born in the next week or two and he would be out of the office when this happened.

So if you sent it directly to Joe then he may be out of the office.

Rmplstlskn
11-09-10, 16:38
Who did you send it to?

I don't want to hijack the Dremel thread...

I sent it to customer service as per their web site about warranty/parts.

I haven't called them as I don't want to be a pest... but I may do that soon. I just need a small part...

Back to your regular scheduled programing...

Rmpl

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-09-10, 17:17
Everything is better at 35,000rpm.

Dremel tool, duct tape, wd40 and Bisquick. Everything you need.

Zhurdan
11-09-10, 17:27
Everyone should own a dremel with one stipulation... you buy the attachment that makes it shut down whenever it gets withing 5 feet of a gun. I bought the attachment and my guns thank me for it every day.;)

Good to hear a company backs their products AND their customers.

DaBears_85
11-09-10, 17:56
I was considering asking for a Dremel as a Christmas gift. Reading this makes me want one even more. I can already think of at least 10 applications to put it to use with.

Rmplstlskn
11-09-10, 17:58
you buy the attachment that makes it shut down whenever it gets withing 5 feet of a gun. I bought the attachment and my guns thank me for it every day.;)

Well my FAL trigger thanks me for the polishing... :p

Rmpl

markdh720
11-09-10, 22:31
Dremel tool, duct tape, wd40 and Bisquick. Everything you need.

Bisquick? Thank you, sir. I think you just made me unstoppable, :p

Really, though, before I got my Dremel I would always say "a Dremel would be perfect for this job." It's proved to be more useful for more jobs than I imagined. It's been used on tile, wood, plastic, and LOTS of metal. I'm happy to hear they have great CS too.