PDA

View Full Version : Free Stuff from BCM

Spiffums
11-09-10, 17:47
I know most times they toss in a hat when you buy an upper. What about if you get an upper with a DD or Larue rail on it, do you get any free DD or LaRue stuff?

ThirdWatcher
11-09-10, 18:28
I bought a BCM upper w/Larue Tactical rail from BravoCompanyUSA a year or so ago and they sent a BCM hat (which is just fine with me :)). When you order stuff from Larue Tactical, they send you a Larue hat (and a nice Christmas card and ornament at Christmas).

ForTehNguyen
11-09-10, 21:21
just get a BCM hat still

28_days
11-09-10, 22:22
I love my BCM hat. I've worn it so much that it's pretty much worn out :(

TehLlama
11-09-10, 23:25
Wife pirated my BCM hat. I'll probably have to trade her a dillo and an LT hat to get it back.

Spiffums
11-10-10, 03:06
I just wondered. I know everyone sends you some free swag. If I ever get started on this build, I might have a nice little hat collection. Probably will order a hat and sticker from DD just to have for my case.

boggyboy72
11-10-10, 09:49
I got a Hat from BCM and a dillo bottle opener and 2 stickers from Larue.

ForTehNguyen
11-10-10, 09:50
my BCM hat collection is up to 3-4 hats now :cool:

Spiffums
11-10-10, 11:04
I figure I will get the BCM hat with my upper and assorted odds and ends......... Then a LaRue hat when I order my aimpoint....... and I will have to get me a MagPul hat and DD hat so I have everything covered.

Maybe I should just get a shirt that says Gear Whore :sarcastic:

SHIVAN
11-10-10, 11:10
I would prefer to see BCM lower their prices by their cost of the "free hats". LaRue and everyone else too.

It won't happen because more customers like to feel special, like everyone else who gets the exact same schwag as everyone else. :eek:

THCDDM4
11-10-10, 11:18
I would prefer to see BCM lower their prices by their cost of the "free hats". LaRue and everyone else too.

It won't happen because more customers like to feel special, like everyone else who gets the exact same schwag as everyone else. :eek:

Effing A.

When buying a rifle, or anything other than a hat for that matter; I couldn't care any less about a hat, the ones I've gotten get donated to clothing charities; you have to pay me to be a walking advertisement, and pay me well!

ALCOAR
11-10-10, 11:20

Holy smokes I could not agree more with anything than the above....somehow Marketing stands the test of time:rolleyes:

Belmont31R
11-10-10, 12:01
It amazes me how stupid people are to think the extra things are free. All those giveaways, gifts, and such are built into the price of their products so they still make a profit to run the business.

If I wanted a hat Id buy one. I have piles of "free" hats, and given many of them away. I don't need anymore, and at one point I had like 5 of the same exact thing. I have a drawer full of stickers.

boggyboy72
11-10-10, 15:17
I didn't buy a BCM upper to get a free hat,I got it because I heard it was one of the best.And a lot of people think the "God bless Our Snipers" sticker from Larue is cool.But if they want knock a few bucks off My next order and not send Me any goodies,That would be fine.

I don't need a hat or stickers.

Really, I have yet to run into anyone who even knows what BCM and Larue make.

Mac5.56
11-10-10, 16:47
I have a drawer full of stickers.

PM me if you want to send me some and clean that drawer out. I'm a total sticker junky!

ThirdWatcher
11-10-10, 17:52
I have yet to run into anyone who even knows what BCM and Larue make.

Well, the people I associate with (LEOs) know. :D

boggyboy72
11-10-10, 19:03
Well, the people I associate with (LEOs) know. :D

I guess You run with a much cooler crowd then Me.:cool:

MarkG
11-10-10, 21:46

Are you BCM fanboys gonna just sit around and take shit from this guy? :big_boss:

28_days
11-10-10, 21:57
Are you BCM fanboys gonna just sit around and take shit from this guy? :big_boss:

Ehn, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

That said, I would be more than willing to take anyone's BCM or Larue hat(s) off their hands. Let me know ;)

Armati
11-10-10, 22:09
swag - Shit We Always Give

All the same, my wife wears her BCM hat to the gym. It has a subdued American flag that just pisses off the yuppie hause fraus.

For my money, I could just take 15 bucks off the price.

Phazuka
11-10-10, 22:17
I have 3 hats from BCM, guess how many uppers I've gotten from them? Yup, 3!

Also, got a 2 free hats from Primary Arms for ordering stuff from them. One was a paltry $80 purchase, the next was a $260 purchase.

I only buy stuff to get free schwag. :sarcastic:

Spiffums
11-11-10, 06:56

All I wanted to know was if I had to order a DD hat or not.........:sarcastic:

C4IGrant
11-11-10, 07:09
I know most times they toss in a hat when you buy an upper. What about if you get an upper with a DD or Larue rail on it, do you get any free DD or LaRue stuff?

Neither DD or LT give dealer anything free to pass along to the consumer.

C4

C4IGrant
11-11-10, 07:15
Just so folks know, if companies stop including hats and deduct the cost from you bill, you will save between $3-5 dollars.

With that said, most companies have an advertising budget so you wouldn't see ANY discount on your bill.

C4

Ga Shooter
11-11-10, 07:28
Just so folks know, if companies stop including hats and deduct the cost from you bill, you will save between $3-5 dollars.

With that said, most companies have an advertising budget so you wouldn't see ANY discount on your bill.

C4

That's how we operate. Advertising is seperate and a tax deduction!!

Armati
11-11-10, 07:36

C4

Hmm, good points. Yes, I can see where the free hat would come out of the advertising budget so you wouldn't see any real discount if they left it out. And, when you buy hats by the bushel you would get a deep volume discount.

ForTehNguyen
11-11-10, 08:19
I was at the air show with some friends wearing the tan American flag BCM hat. They were asking what BCM was, probably thinking it was Baylor College of Medicine :D

SHIVAN
11-11-10, 08:35

Yeah, are ya? :jester:

SHIVAN
11-11-10, 08:41

C4

Lower operating costs are lower operating costs. If you reduce your expenses, your net income will generally go up. When net income goes up you can operate on thinner margins if you have to...

When competitors come around who are trying to undercut your pricing, those who have better margins due to lower overall expenses will move their price point lower to reclaim share, then return to business as usual after the price war subsides.

I think Paul does a great job, knows WTF he is doing, and is generally a badass dude. My thought was only that if I can save $5 versus getting a hat, I would prefer to save $5.

Though I outlined further that most people want to FEEL special, like everyone else.

jklaughrey
11-11-10, 08:41
My 2 y/o daughter loves to run around in my Larue or BCM hats. She looks really cute in them too. She has even thrown on a few of my watch caps. Guess I am raising her right. PS, she likes to help me clean my gear, that is when I actually clean it!

C4IGrant
11-11-10, 08:44
Lower operating costs are lower operating costs. If you reduce your expenses, your net income will generally go up. When net income goes up you can operate on thinner margins if you have to...

When competitors come around who are trying to undercut your pricing, those who have better margins due to lower overall expenses will move their price point lower to reclaim share, then return to business as usual after the price war subsides.

I think Paul does a great job, knows WTF he is doing, and is generally a badass dude. My thought was only that if I can save $5 versus getting a hat, I would prefer to save $5.

Though I outlined further that most people want to FEEL special, like everyone else.

You would never save $5 as he has a HUGE advertising budget (which is a 100% write off).

So you might as well take the free hat, sticker, shirt or whatever.

C4

Icculus
11-11-10, 10:50
You would never save $5 as he has a HUGE advertising budget (which is a 100% write off).

So you might as well take the free hat, sticker, shirt or whatever.

C4

Exactly. Even if you didn't get the hat or whatever free swag from whatever vendor you would more than likely pay the same price so why not get the free shit too. Not to mention, can you have to many free BCM hats? I mean you need one to get sweaty and grass stained doing yard work; one to get dirty and lead covered while doing training; one for casual days; one for formal wear:D So I say keep sending the free swag and we'll keep appreciating it, saying thanks and know we're dealing with a company that takes customer service seriously. Now if they want to say randomly throw in a Gunfighter sticker or a bolt carrier group instead of the hat I'd be totally open to that.

Which gives me an idea. Grant how bout the next order I put in you throw in a G&R LPK as the swag item and you can just right it off as advertising;)

C4IGrant
11-11-10, 12:02
Which gives me an idea. Grant how bout the next order I put in you throw in a G&R LPK as the swag item and you can just right it off as advertising;)

LOL, great idea! Please go outside and wait (patiently) by your mail box for your free SWAG. :sarcastic:

C4

SHIVAN
11-11-10, 13:22
Deductions are deductions, not credits back to your bank account. If you have income, and taxes are due, it may reduce your liability to the government, but you still had to spend the money to begin with....

Most users are happy to receive the stuff, that's great!! It also gets the company name out there, which is great too. BCM is great. Paul is great. :D

MarkG
11-11-10, 15:09
No such animal as a 100% deduction...

Mjolnir
11-11-10, 15:16
My last order from Bravo Company USA I did not receive any "swag" but the BC USA brochure is phenomenal.

Thanks, brother. More money will be on it's way.

God bless.

ForTehNguyen
11-11-10, 15:40
My last order from Bravo Company USA I did not receive any "swag" but the BC USA brochure is phenomenal.

Thanks, brother. More money will be on it's way.

God bless.

comes with uppers

Spiffums
11-11-10, 17:56
The stickers are probably the only reason I'm getting a hard case for my M4.

Still trying to figure out how to salvage my Bushmaster sticker so it will stick again.

ThirdWatcher
11-11-10, 20:36
Are you BCM fanboys gonna just sit around and take shit from this guy?

Well, I learned a few years ago to choose my battles... besides, I like getting SWAG. I give a lot of it away to friends and to the Warrior Princesses. :)

Rider79
11-12-10, 05:47
PM me if you want to send me some and clean that drawer out. I'm a total sticker junky!

PM me your address, I'll send you an envelope full. I've run out of things to stick them on.

I like the BCM and Larue hats, although I'm pretty sure I have every color and variation of them by now. Being that I'm pasty and bald I need the hats to keep me from getting burned.

usmcvet
11-12-10, 16:09
I like the hats from BCM and LaRue. My bald ass head likes them in the cold and the sun. I give most of them away along with the stickers. The Dillos are very popular with the guys @ work.