PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Viper PST 1-4X Question

Gutshot John
11-09-10, 17:55
I tried searching for this but didn't get the information I wanted.

I know they have a zero stop but I was wondering if those that have these scopes can tell me about how well the turrets track when dialing in dope or making adjustments?

Is feedback a pretty solid "click"? On the mil or moa versions does it click all the way through the adjustment range? or do you get a different stop at the mil increments?

Thanks in advance.

deadduck357
11-09-10, 20:17
They haven't been released yet.

Gutshot John
11-09-10, 21:01
I've seen at least three websites with them for sale. Are you sure?

www.swfa.com
www.opticsplanet.com
www.libertyoptics.com

If not I'm interested in the standard version.

bp7178
11-09-10, 21:44
The Viper PST line has not been released as of yet. Last rumor was early next year.

They were close, but the click adjustments were a little sloppy, and Vortex didn't want to release anything that wasn't 100%. I have to give them props for not putting junk out there, but maybe they pulled the trigger a little early on all the marketing with it.

Gutshot John
11-10-10, 06:28
The Viper PST line has not been released as of yet. Last rumor was early next year.

They were close, but the click adjustments were a little sloppy, and Vortex didn't want to release anything that wasn't 100%. I have to give them props for not putting junk out there, but maybe they pulled the trigger a little early on all the marketing with it.

Good to go. Thanks for the input.

VortexSam
11-10-10, 09:55

Yes, we did release them too early. That was a mistake on our part.

The clicks just weren't positive enough, so we re-tooled the entire turret mechanism. Currently we are hoping to have them ready to ship to dealers before the end of the year, but that depends on everything running smoothly.

I feel bad we've had to keep people waiting for so long, but we just wanted to make sure they were right before we sent them out. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer. I think it will be worth it.

-Sam

ccoker
11-10-10, 11:29
Thanks for the update Sam
the 1-4 Razors are spectacular

bp7178
11-10-10, 18:05
Yes, we did release them too early. That was a mistake on our part.

The clicks just weren't positive enough, so we re-tooled the entire turret mechanism. Currently we are hoping to have them ready to ship to dealers before the end of the year, but that depends on everything running smoothly.

I feel bad we've had to keep people waiting for so long, but we just wanted to make sure they were right before we sent them out. Hopefully the wait won't be much longer. I think it will be worth it.

-Sam

Are they still going to be about $500 with the re-tooled turrents?

From your site Sam...

"Illuminated Reticle Electronic illumination aids in low light visibility of reticle. Daylight visible. Battery included. "

Is the daylight visible thing something new? I don't remember reading this when I was looking at the Viper's in August.

Scott_at_Vortex
11-11-10, 08:19
Are they still going to be about $500 with the re-tooled turrents?

From your site Sam...

"Illuminated Reticle Electronic illumination aids in low light visibility of reticle. Daylight visible. Battery included. "

Is the daylight visible thing something new? I don't remember reading this when I was looking at the Viper's in August.

The prices will absolutely NOT go up. We feel that this change was necessary in order to make our customers happy and to bring a product to market they we are happy with and it just wouldnt be right to charge the customer for that. The daylight illumination is only on the 1-4 and we have not changed anything with that.

Scott

FishingFool
11-14-10, 10:25
Will there be an optional cattail for the magnification adjustment?

Scott_at_Vortex
11-15-10, 06:54
Will there be an optional cattail for the magnification adjustment? Yes and they are already available for the Razors and PST's.

Scott

Singlestack Wonder
11-15-10, 21:13
Looking forward to the release of the Viper PST. Would purchase a 1x4 Razor today but the reticule offerings are too busy. The TMCQ in the PST offerings a simpler view for CQB distances. When building a multi purpose scope, it's difficult to try and please both the distance advocates and the CQB advocates with one product.

Gutshot John
12-21-10, 15:45
Any word yet on when these will hit the market?

VortexSam
12-21-10, 15:55
Any word yet on when these will hit the market?

Hi,

We just sent out the following announcement to our dealers this morning:

We are excited to announce that we are preparing to ship some of the long-awaited Viper PST riflescopes beginning the last week of December.

Although this first shipment will consist of mainly 1-4x24 models, small amounts of other configurations will be shipped out also. We expect the variety of available models to quickly ramp up over the next few weeks—and to have a steady stream throughout the new year.

Each PST Riflescope goes through our rigorous hand inspection process. These inspections are to ensure that you and your customers are completely satisfied with their purchase.

Important Notes This first shipment will not cover all the backorders. Due to the popularity of this line, it may take several weeks to send out all the backordered scopes.
Going forward, we will be receiving shipments on a bi-monthly basis and will ship those PST scopes to you as they become available.

Thank you again for your patience on the Viper PST's and Happy Holidays!

Singlestack Wonder
12-21-10, 16:03
Does the reticule illumination on the 1 x 4 PST illuminate only the circle/dot or do all of the MRAD/MOA lines turn red as well?

VortexSam
12-21-10, 16:18
Does the reticule illumination on the 1 x 4 PST illuminate only the circle/dot or do all of the MRAD/MOA lines turn red as well?

Just the dot and circle are illuminated.

-Sam

Singlestack Wonder
12-21-10, 16:20
Thanks! Looking forward to trying one. Any special pricing for M4Carbine.net members? :)

Robb Jensen
12-21-10, 16:35
I'd love to T&E a Vortex 1-4x for 3gun.

I use a Trijicon TR24 1-4x and a Burris XTR 1-4x currently.

fhpchris
12-21-10, 20:51
Does anyone here have any real pictures of the PST 1-4x reticules?

I remember seeing a thread with the 1-4x razor pictures but I do not remember where....

wicked_police
12-21-10, 21:45
I'd love to T&E a Vortex 1-4x for 3gun.

I use a Trijicon TR24 1-4x and a Burris XTR 1-4x currently.

I looked through a 1-4 Razor a month or so ago, and it was awesome. At least as clear as my Nightforce optics, and better than the Leupolds I've had.

I'm looking forward to checking out a PST as well.

Gutshot John
12-22-10, 11:17
Hi,

We just sent out the following announcement to our dealers this morning:

Cool, there is a PST with my FALs name on it.