PDA

View Full Version : Gee, it would be nice if BCM actually answered the phone...

Brad737
11-10-10, 10:44
I don't get why BCM gets so much praise for customer service. It's literally impossible to speak with anyone on the telephone. They have a phone message that says "due to the upcoming assault on the 2nd Amendment, all hands are in the back shop". When did they record that, pre-Obama? They don't even have an option to leave a message. They just direct you to email them or order from the webpage. Seriously, is that what's considered good customer service now?

"Email me, or just buy it off the webpage...I can't be bothered to actually talk to a potential customer."

I'm sure they make nice products. I want to buy an upper from them, I really do. But this impersonal lack of contact is steering me towards buying a complete Colt rifle. In a hurry.

Mac5.56
11-10-10, 10:51
Some one on TOS with a stick up their ass has convinced people to come onto this site and try and knock BCM down a peg with random posts like this.

friendlyfireisnt
11-10-10, 10:54
They are incredibly responsive, but the best way to get ahold of them is by email. I have even had emails answered by Paul late on a Sunday evening, only minutes after sending the email.

They have limited resources, being a small company, and rather than spend those resources on the phone, they choose to spend those resources getting components out in a timely fashion.

That may sound counterproductive to you, but the upside is you don't have to wait long for shipping. They get it down RFN so you can get what you order quickly.

As for their customer service? Top notch. If you have an issue, Paul takes care of it, and he does it in a no-bullshit manner and he will make it right.

Hmac
11-10-10, 10:54
Maybe you just have to do a better job of managing your sense of urgency. I have yet to have BCM fail to answer an email I've sent them. It may take a day or two, but I suspect that that's because they keep prices low by not hiring a large customer-service phone bank. I'm OK with that, think it's a good trade-off. You want to pay more, you'll get somebody on the phone right now.

Phazuka
11-10-10, 10:55
Sounds like someone is too needy about personal contact. What is such a dire emergency that you can't email them? Those uppers don't build themselves and those packages don't ship themselves.

ALCOAR
11-10-10, 10:59
This is def. material for the Kiddie site.....

As far as your problem....my guess is that its not even about a particular product you already own. Sad thing is that you prob. think BCM is dodging your phone calls since they really don't do anything in that "shop".

If you got mad issues w. BCM than perhaps the AR game is not for you as they are among the few who do indeed "get it" and they build their guns and kit to the same standard of a LMT, KAC or Colt.

VelveteenMole
11-10-10, 11:00
I don't get why BCM gets so much praise for customer service. It's literally impossible to speak with anyone on the telephone. They have a phone message that says "due to the upcoming assault on the 2nd Amendment, all hands are in the back shop". When did they record that, pre-Obama? They don't even have an option to leave a message. They just direct you to email them or order from the webpage. I'm sure they make nice products, but this impersonal lack of contact is steering me towards a Colt. In a hurry.

Seriously, is that what's considered good customer service now?

"Email me, or just buy it off the webpage...I can't be bothered to actually talk to a potential customer."

I definitely sympathize. There are times when it's inefficient to work through an issue by email. I think most of the time it's more manageable though.

You have a definitive reference of what has been said over the course of the discussion. You can plan and streamline your comments and make sure you don't forget anything. And they can plan their email answering time more efficiently amidst their other duties, whereas phone answering is on-demand so it overrides their schedule to the point of needing dedicated personnel who would need to be trained on the same technical info that Paul can address. And if they didn't know the answer, they'd have to interrupt someone else to get the answer.

I would imagine if it's definitely something that would be handled best by phone (lots of "if/then" type questions), then you could email Paul asking him to call you. I'm assuming he would, but I haven't tested it.

C4IGrant
11-10-10, 11:01
I don't get why BCM gets so much praise for customer service. It's literally impossible to speak with anyone on the telephone. They have a phone message that says "due to the upcoming assault on the 2nd Amendment, all hands are in the back shop". When did they record that, pre-Obama? They don't even have an option to leave a message. They just direct you to email them or order from the webpage. Seriously, is that what's considered good customer service now?

I'm sure they make nice products. I want to buy an upper from them, I really do. But this impersonal lack of contact is steering me towards buying a complete Colt rifle. In a hurry.

Bravo Company USA and BCM are extremely busy with orders, inventory stocking, ordering new gear, building guns/uppers and are currently buying a new building and having it re-modeled.

Answering the phone is often times a difficult one when you consider the above. As a fellow online dealer, I will tell you that my FIRST priority is getting my existing customers orders out the door (as they have already paid). You have not bought anything so you are not as high a priority. That may get your feelings hurt, but is the truth.

My suggestion is if you have a question about an upper, to e-mail them OR or talk to one of their distributors (like us) that stocks their uppers and have a little more free time to answer questions.

Edited to add, I can tell you from personal experience, most of the people that call us are interested in one of the following things:

1. Bored at work and want to talk about guns.
2. Have question about a piece of kit/gun that they have neither purchased from us or we do not even sell!
3. Are tire kicking for the best price.
4. Want you to explain the 1 BILLION things one can do to their AR and the cost of each option.
5. Put a custom build together that they do not have the money for.

I hate to say this, but all of the above are a 100% waste of my time and why I have to screen the bulk of my calls.

C4

SHIVAN
11-10-10, 11:03
I really can't say anything nice, and I'm not really in a caring mood as to what people believe they are entitled to receive, or that I am going to lock this thread after I post in it. So save the hate mail.

Buying a COLT for their "personal touch" is laughable.

C4IGrant
11-10-10, 11:08
Sounds like someone is too needy about personal contact. What is such a dire emergency that you can't email them? Those uppers don't build themselves and those packages don't ship themselves.

What is funny about this is the fact that he has time to bitch about it on the errornet, but can't send them an e-mail.

Odd.

C4