PDA

View Full Version : MI SS Handguard Assistance (possible Pic request)

CQC.45
11-10-10, 10:58
I am looking at building an AR for the GF who recently got into shooting (after I finish building my own of course :p). Though, I am still at the early planning stages as my own build takes up most of my time/money at the moment.

She loves the color green so I am looking at building an OD accented AR.

Disclaimer: Before I go any further, understand seemingly-trivial things like color are important to her...thus the reason for this post. So I dont need any "what does it matter as long as it functions" answers. I understand that, but this rifle is not for me.

Anyways. I am looking at the MI SS-12 rail in OD Green (http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=271). My question is how well does this match up to the Magpul OD green?

Commentary and/or pictures would be much appreciated.

For those interested, here is the [tentative] build list for her so far:

Upper
- 16" DD Lightweight Middy Upper w/ A2
- MI SS-12 OD Green Handguard
- 1-4x Variable optic (still deciding on brand)

Lower
- M&P Complete Lower
- OD MOE stock
- OD MOE Grip
- H2 Buffer

Thanks in advance for the help.

cop1211
11-10-10, 20:03
If your building it yourself and want everything to color match, buy everything in black, and when you have all the parts on hand duracoat the parts you want od green.

That way they will all match, no matter the maker.

The_Hammer_Man
11-11-10, 02:26
+1 to what cop1211 said.

I'm not sure about MI's green. their FDE is darker, by about 1.5shades, than Magpul's fde.

Like cop1211 said.. duracoat is your friend.

CQC.45
11-15-10, 07:16
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to avoid coating everything myself. If all else fails, duracoat can work. Hopefully they will match up though...

CQC.45
12-14-10, 15:55
Just wanted to take one more stab at this, as I may be close to beginning this project. Does anyone have pics of ANY OD MI product next to ANY OD Magpul product?

Thanks.