PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting that itch again...

M4arc
08-01-07, 17:29
no, not that itch. The other one that we get when it's time to build a new AR.

I haven't build one since my Honda Accord Trunk Gun so it's been too long ago. I need to build another AR but I don't know what I want yet. I do know that I'll be using one of the new BCM Bolt Carrier Groups.

Beyond that I haven't decided on the configuration so here's your chance to help me out and offer your suggestions.

Robb Jensen
08-01-07, 18:31
I've been using those carrier groups for builds lately, they are quite nice.

rob_s
08-01-07, 19:12
Like an idiot I went and bought a Colt 6450 for pretty much the same reason. :eek:

I've already ordered a Magpul CTR and MIAD for it, I'm about to order a can for it, and if Grant gets around to offering the 9mm uppers he was telling me about I'll have to SBR the damn thing too.

Hawkeye
08-04-07, 21:09
I'm in the same boat as you Marc. A Noveske N4 Lite upper is pretty high on my list.

Nathan_Bell
08-05-07, 09:07
no, not that itch. The other one that we get when it's time to build a new AR.

I haven't build one since my Honda Accord Trunk Gun so it's been too long ago. I need to build another AR but I don't know what I want yet. I do know that I'll be using one of the new BCM Bolt Carrier Groups.

Beyond that I haven't decided on the configuration so here's your chance to help me out and offer your suggestions.

YOu know your crowd:D

Rifle length VIS.
14.5" std wgt bbl

I think that would make a nice "I cannot burn my hand on the barrel" upper

RyanS
08-09-07, 22:19
I've got a lower that's been haunting my dreams recently. Just when I think I know that I want to do with it, something new pops up. Maybe I'll have to buy one or two more lowers because all of my ideas are so good. :confused:

mark5pt56
08-10-07, 06:10
I have a 10" Troy and the Troy sight set waiting, also have the 1.5-5 Luepold in the Larue mount. I'm thinking the 16" Noveski with pinned GB is calling my name.

welchtactical
08-10-07, 09:05
Im working on a mid-length gas upper. 14.5in Chrome bore-chamber barrel. I still need to order the Larue Tactical handguard to cover the shaved FSB, which length do I order? I'm gonna use the BCM carrier group. I need to decide on which muzzle device to go with. Im thinking either an extend A2 or Surefire's break pinned and welded. I also have to find someone to do the gunsmithery. I got Troys to ride topside. Gonna mate it to my LMT Defender lower with a MIAD. Something to back-up LWRC M6A2 556. Any help? Now to sell my LMT upper...