Post count??

If thats how one becomes a senior member that sucks

Post count dont mean a single thing!

Hell Ive seen guys with high post counts that I wouldnt take info from
More time on PC than the range :D

Anyway thank you for the reply

lethal dose
11-10-10, 17:41
It'd be nice if you had to interview to reach senior status... but we all know that's out of the question. I will say, most senior members are worth listening to... most.

Safetyhit
11-10-10, 17:43
Post counts here tend to have a bit more value than those at most other places. Not so much of the "+1" and "tag" nonsense.

lethal dose
11-10-10, 17:46
Post counts here tend to have a bit more value than those at most other places. Not so much of the "+1" and "tag" nonsense.

+1 ;)

M193 BALL
11-10-10, 18:31
+1 ;)

LOL:D

Army Chief
11-10-10, 18:40
It is a post count-driven thing, but we will not hesitate to delete a member's posts if we find him post-whoring or driving to drive up a post count without really adding anything to the board. For that reason, our Senior Members tend to be contributors who can be taken seriously.

AC

polymorpheous
11-10-10, 18:45
Now that that has been cleared up...

What's up with site sponsors?

bkb0000
11-10-10, 18:49
it does say something about a member that they've managed to get to a thousand posts on this board. if you post bullshit, or often post gay one-liners or +1s or etcetera, you'll be dealt with. but there are still a few douche-bags with high post-counts here... it's not a given.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab6/bkb0000/stuff/postcount.gif?t=1289436314

Army Chief
11-10-10, 19:03

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55433

AC

BushmasterFanBoy
11-10-10, 20:23
It'd be nice if you had to interview to reach senior status... but we all know that's out of the question. I will say, most senior members are worth listening to... most.

Count me as one exception to that. :D

I look more for join date and SME/Industry tags than anything else. A post count does not correlate to knowledge imho.

C4IGrant
11-10-10, 20:45
Post count??

What weight or value does the senior member title give you?

C4

SHIVAN
11-10-10, 20:53
I could name the people I count as "Senior Members", no matter their post count.

Time on the range doesn't necessarily translate to anything by way of knowledge either, FWIW. I've seen what some people consider "shooting practice", and it's not pretty, constructive or worthwhile -- IMO.

lethal dose
11-10-10, 20:57
Since the subject of being a site sponsor came up, I visited the link ac posted but it didn't give instructions. Are we still doing gunpal? I don't feel comfortable dealing with them since all the discrepancies arose. Mods?

STAFF
11-10-10, 21:01
Since the subject of being a site sponsor came up, I visited the link ac posted but it didn't give instructions. Are we still doing gunpal? I don't feel comfortable dealing with them since all the discrepancies arose. Mods?

Gpal is no longer accepted.

lethal dose
11-10-10, 21:10
Haha... well... what is an accepted method? Maybe the info thread can be updated?

STAFF
11-11-10, 06:40
Haha... well... what is an accepted method? Maybe the info thread can be updated?

You can send a money order, cash or check.

Palmguy
11-11-10, 07:21
Post count??

Don't worry about titles unless they are Mod, IP, or SME.

rob_s
11-11-10, 07:42
What weight or value does the senior member title give you?

Exactly.

I've had people send me angry PMs where they got upset at something I wrote and they cite my post count, the "senior member" status, etc. I find it creepy.

On barf years ago I advocated for removing the post-counter entirely and they nearly lynched me.

JSantoro
11-11-10, 13:36
Blasphemer!

Follower of a false prophet!!

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/3351/frankensteinvillagers.jpg

Muddyboots
11-11-10, 14:45
On another board, I'm a SME/Mod. Here, I'm a guy at the back of the room writing as fast as I can so I can learn as much as possible! It is clear to me that there are people here who are very, very good at what they do. If they posted under a generic name you would still value what they say and particularly the way they say it. Several people I think I would recognize by writing style alone. They are comfortable with written word and have already thought through what they are writing about. You can often get a feel for their professional work based on their posts. Things like engagement, humor and attention to detail all show through. Lastly, It is actually more useful to read a whole lot of posts and see what has been said by and in response to a particular poster than it is to see a post count or title. You see context, you formulate an opinion based on your own data (which makes you learn to do that too!) and become responsible for your own learning.

Communication is a survival skill.

Muddyboots

Zhurdan
11-11-10, 15:06
How to become a senior member...

1. Grow a thick mustache.
2. Don't pluck your monobrow.
3. Get a big fat cigar.
4. Wear a sombrero.

Oh wait... wrong kind of Senior.

Post count has little to do with the content here in my experience. I've learned more in the past year that I didn't even know I didn't know some of which was from people with low post counts. The SME's and IP's are outstanding resources though. Thank you for taking time to answer questions.

Safetyhit
11-11-10, 15:41
How to become a senior member...

Don't say stupid shit, you'll be fine.

Wait, how did I get here??

usmcvet
11-11-10, 19:07

You pay a fee in support of this web site

usmcvet
11-11-10, 19:14
Post count??

When I notice a post from some one who has been around for a while and the post has good info in it I think hey that is just the guy who only speaks up when be has something important to say. Good info often comes from the quiet guys.

The_War_Wagon
11-12-10, 07:18
Geez... I gotta get to postin'! :p