PDA

View Full Version : Original FN-FAL worth the money?

white spaniard
08-01-07, 21:21
HI I am considering buying this rifle is it really worth the mpney? Here is a description of it
FN FAL Match .308 Caliber with a 20” barrel with fully adjustable rear peep sight and post front. Carry handle located midway for easy balanced carry and bipod is installed on this weapon. 20 round box magazine with 5 extra magazines included and cleaning kit is stowed inside the pistol grip. This weapon is in 95% condition or better. Action is super smooth and locks up tight. Bore is clean with sharp lands. The FN FAL (Fusil Automatique Leger - Light Automatic Rifle) is one of the most famous and widespread military rifle designs of the 20th century. Developed by the Belgian Fabrique Nationale Company, it was used by some 70 or even more countries, and was manufactured in at least 10 countries. At the present time the service days of the most FAL rifles are gone, Sorry [rice is 2,999.00

Cameron
08-01-07, 22:12
If it was an original FN FAL wouldn't it be chambered in 7.62 NATO?

As a collector it might be worth $3k for an FN, but if you want a shooter save some money and get a DSA www.dsarms.com (http://www.dsarms.com)

Trim2L
08-01-07, 22:25
Too expensive for the condition.

Should be 21" barrel also.

MH64
08-02-07, 03:35
The FN Belgian import guns into the US where marked 308.

Larry Vickers
08-02-07, 08:40
My advice is to pass on this one- for a shooter the DSA guns are the way to go - for a collector this gun is too much money for a 95% gun

The FN LAR in .308 Match is not a particularly rare gun - therefore if you watch the internet sites like Sturmgewehr.com or Gunbroker.com you will turn up a mint gun for the same money or less

Last count I own 16 FAL's in different flavors and I feel that I know a little more than the average bear about these guns

Cheers

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com

white spaniard
08-02-07, 15:36
My advice is to pass on this one- for a shooter the DSA guns are the way to go - for a collector this gun is too much money for a 95% gun

The FN LAR in .308 Match is not a particularly rare gun - therefore if you watch the internet sites like Sturmgewehr.com or Gunbroker.com you will turn up a mint gun for the same money or less

Last count I own 16 FAL's in different flavors and I feel that I know a little more than the average bear about these guns

Cheers

Larry Vickers

www.vickerstactical.com
Thanks for info Ill look for a different rifle.