PDA

View Full Version : M1 Garands Scoring Major CDI Points ?

A-Bear680
11-11-10, 05:10
You can't make this stuff up.

www.remember-71.co.kr

bondmid003
11-11-10, 12:12
If you ever get the chance to visit South Korea go to the Korean War memorial in Seoul. I went there this summer and it was pretty inspiring. The only thing I regret was not being able to see the DMZ from anywhere but the air

A-Bear680
11-11-10, 13:08
I remember some memorials.
The one in Brit Pass was out in the middle of nowhere in a very desolate defile . Come around the curve , and there is a beautiful memorial and cemetery. It was always immaculate .
The monument in the Chorwan valley was quite large ( IIRC ) and included several statues.

bondmid003
11-11-10, 13:45
I never got to see Chorwan valley, I just got to visit the major memorial in Seoul. South Korea is definitely a unique country to say the least.

A-Bear680
11-11-10, 15:02
The South Koreans are a very vibrant and adaptable people with a great deal of cultural hybrid vigor.
It was kind of funny to hear a very demure schoolgirl say , " ..... b-a-a-d Han-kguk mothah-****ahs ... " in that very soft , musical voice.

Suwannee Tim
11-11-10, 17:09
Many folks don't have a good understanding of the devastation the war caused. They don't have a good appreciation of the horrendous threat DPRK poses to the ROK and it's people. If war broke out, millions of artillery shells would rain down on Seoul which colossal casualties. Funny thing, if it has "Democratic" in the name, it ain't.

A-Bear680
11-12-10, 14:18
The Kim dynasty develops delusions of adequacy ever 10 years or so . Those morons caused horrible damage to the whole nation in the early 1950's.

Brit Pass history:
The April 1951 fight along the Imjin River a few miles NNW of Seoul , a few months after the USMC breakout up on the Chosen Resevoir.
www.youtube.com

Type in :
Britains Bloodest Post-WWII Battle: Imjin River.

Youtube links from gun websites do not survive very long.

A-Bear680
11-13-10, 11:58
The Imjin River fight by Andy Salmon :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBAvVBVGkSE

Brit Rememberence Day was last week . Maybe youtube will leave it up.

A-Bear680
11-15-10, 02:41
A little more info about " 71 , into the Fire " by John Lee:
www.wikipedia.org/wiki/71:_Into_the_Fire

Production values and action intensity are on par with " Saving Private Ryan " and " Blackhawk Down " .