PDA

View Full Version : Pay Pal and AR parts

tgace
11-11-10, 13:04
I have been having a run of good luck selling some junk on e-bay and want to spend some $$ on parts. Im considering buying some BCM products (bolt and or entire assembly namely), however due to PayPal/ebays "issues" with firearms I don't see any sellers I can spend it on.

Any suggestions? Should I just take the hit on fees and transfer the cash out of Pay Pal?

.45fmjoe
11-11-10, 13:13
I have been having a run of good luck selling some junk on e-bay and want to spend some $$ on parts. Im considering buying some BCM products (bolt and or entire assembly namely), however due to PayPal/ebays "issues" with firearms I don't see any sellers I can spend it on.

Any suggestions? Should I just take the hit on fees and transfer the cash out of Pay Pal?

It's $1.50 to have the funds mailed to you via check. I know, I've done it before because I don't trust them with my bank account. ;)

Suwannee Tim
11-11-10, 16:15
Pay Pal is eager to get the details of your checking account. I would not give them mine. When I reached the $10000 in purchases they cut me off. I opened a bank account specifically for dealing with Pay Pal and keep no money in it. You can read as many horror stories about Pay Pal as you want. I give no one access to my checking account.

Iraq Ninja
11-11-10, 16:32
I agree that you should take the money out. I use paypal for purchases on Ebay, and rarely sell anything.

For me Paypal/Ebay is an evil necessity for work related gear that one can't normally buy through normal companies or if it is, is normally very expensive.

SteveL
11-11-10, 17:07
I've never had any issues buying or selling with Paypal (linked to my checking account) on eBay or a trading forum on another forum site I frequent. However, these have all been rather small dollar amounts, rarely exceeding $50.

arizona98tj
11-11-10, 18:12
I use PayPal. Years ago, I obtained a PayPal debit card. It transacts as a MasterCard. I buy gun parts, scopes, etc. online or at the local gun store. No attachment to my checking account. It works for me.