PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34 for CC

glockkid88
11-11-10, 16:56
My first handgun was a glock 35. I shot it for two years and loved it but was never able to CC it because I was not of age to have a CC permit. I got rid of the 35 shortly before I got my CC permit. I carry a Glock 17 now but am dying to have another long slide. Does anyone CC their glock 34/35? Also what kind of holster do you use?

jwfuhrman
11-11-10, 17:02
Since I shoot USPSA Pistol - Limited and Multigun, the gun I use is a Glock 35 but with lots of competition stuff on it(Vanek Super Trigger, ZEV Mag Well, few other things), I decided I wanted to keep my carry as close to what I shoot ALOT so I started putting my G35 upper on my Glock 22 frame and CC that until I can sell the G22 to get a dedicated Glock 35 carry.

Like you, I prefer the longer sight length. Ive been using it with my Crossbreed IWB holster, but Ive got a Raven Concealment holster on order so I can carry a G35 with TLR-1 attached.

Some people find the extra length to be too long, but I prefer it, as its what Im used to with Competitions. Its more natural for me to draw and shoot with my G35 that when I do shoot my G22 I find my self a tad slower.

Hope that helps!

glockkid88
11-11-10, 17:12
Ya the glock 35 tracked so damn well for me. I shot that glock 35 better than any of my other guns. It is a shame that I got rid of it. I got into the whole concealed carry gun thing and got a glock 26 and a smith Jframe to carry instead. I have however found myself moving back into carrying full size guns everyday. They are what I shoot best and If I need a gun a big grip and lots of ammo will be nice to have. I suppose a long sight radius wouldnt hurt either.

Rider79
11-11-10, 18:10
I CCW a G34 in a Raven Phantom OWB, covered by an unbuttoned Dickies work shirt on a regular basis.

ETA: And when my Phantom gets here for my 2nd Gen 17L, I'll CCW that the same way.

gunnut284
11-11-10, 18:15
I have carried my 35 on occasion. I have a CompTac CTAC that I usually use with my 19 that will also fit the 35. It isn't as comfortable in certain positions like driving or sitting for long periods of time but when walking or standing I don't normally notice a difference.

deuce9166
11-11-10, 20:13
I carry a G35 everyday in either a CompTac or Blade Tech with an untucked button up shirt. Sometimes I use a Galco inside the waist band holster for a G22 and baggie shirt pulled over it.

keysersoze
11-12-10, 07:47
I've EDC'ed a Glock 34 for a while, using a Comp-Tac IWB...and I'm not exactly the biggest dude. IWB'ing it is a bit weird at first, but once you find the sweet spot, then it's easy.

JonInWA
11-12-10, 07:54
The G34/G35 is the same length as a Colt Government (the G35/G35 was deliberately designed to fit in the 1911-oriented USPSA and IDPA box specs), so carrying it concealed is hardly an impossibility, or all that difficult. I use a Blade-Tech Nano for my G34 for both IDPA and the occassions when I carry it concealed.

Best, Jon