PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical 3-Day Level-1 Pistol & Carbine – April 15-17, 2011 – Moyock, NC

VA_Dinger
11-11-10, 19:49
Vickers Tactical 3-Day Level-1 Pistol & Carbine Class – April 15-17, 2011 – Moyock, NC.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/vickers-tactical-logo.jpg

www.vickerstactical.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/LAVCARBINE6.jpg

Larry Vickers is a decorated US Army Special Forces veteran and national pistol champion. Mr. Vickers has nearly two decades of special operations experience (1 SFOD-Delta), much of which was spent as his unit’s Primary Firearms Instructor. In addition to his special operations accomplishments, his competitive shooting has yielded a 10th and 9th place finish in the 1993 and 1994 USPSA Limited Nationals as well as a 1st place finish in CDP class at the 2001 IDPA Mid-Winter Nationals at Smith & Wesson. Mr. Vickers is a founding member of IDPA. In addition to being a highly experienced operator and national pistol champion, Mr. Vickers is also one of the premier 1911 pistolsmiths in the country and his work has been featured in several firearms publications and on the cover of American Handgunner. In addition to all this, Mr. Vickers has served as a consultant and technical expert to the firearms industry. Mr. Vickers is featured on two new firearms, tactics, and accessories focused T.V. shows called Tactical Impact and Tactical Arms.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/logo.jpg

Grey Group Training:
www.greygrouptraining.com

Vickers Tactical 3-Day Level-1 Pistol & Carbine Class – April 15-17, 2011 – Moyock, NC.

Topics covered include handgun safety, stance, zeroing sights, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with their handgun includes field stripping and maintenance. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, strong side & weak side shooting, shooting positions, use of cover, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Malfunction drills and shooting on the move. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level.

Instructor: Larry Vickers

Class dates: April 15-17, 2011

Cost: $700

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab25/greygroupcommunity/ustc_logo.jpg

U.S. Training Center
www.ustraining.com

Ranges:
http://www.ustraining.com/new/Moyock/ranges_1.asp

Lodging: Black Bear Inn
http://www.ustraining.com/new/Moyock/lodging.asp

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Carbine:
- Serviceable duty grade carbine of minimum 5.45 / 5.56 caliber
- Serviceable sling (tactical type preferred.)
- Minimum of 5 serviceable carbine magazines
- Carbine mounted white light
- Optics – (Optional, but highly suggested)
- Minimum 1 carbine magazine pouch - or method to carry at least two spares magazine(s)

Handgun:
- Serviceable duty grade handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
- Minimum of 5 serviceable pistol magazines
- Serviceable holster
- Minimum 2 pistol magazine pouches
- Handgun mounted white light (Optional)
- Visible lasers (Optional)

MISC:
- Hand held white light
- Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
- Suitable range wear depending on the season
- Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
- Good attitude

Zeroed Weapons: 100-yard carbine preferred, but others are acceptable if you have a good reason why and understand it. Know your handguns zero at various ranges.

Ammo Requirements:
- 600 rounds of handgun
- 600 rounds of carbine

If you are interested in attending this class please use this link to the Grey Group Training sign-up page:
http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/-strse-3626/LAV-3-dsh-Day-Level-1/Detail.bok

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me;
training@greygrouptraining.com

lebowski
12-01-10, 22:10
Anybody going to this? I just signed up.

Anyone know what the closest airport is or if there's an easy way to ship ammo to a nearby location?

Tm11387
12-02-10, 18:32
Yeah I'm attending, look into RDU (Raleigh-Durham,3 hours I think) or possibly Norfolk VA.

chris914
12-05-10, 05:06
Norfolk is the closest airport as stated. You can get ammo in Moyock from the USTC. They have a truck that will even bring it out. I will get Dinger to get the contact information on the post for any that will need it.

krm375
01-19-11, 16:08
This sounds like something I may be in town for.

VA_Dinger
03-14-11, 20:56
This sounds like something I may be in town for.

Sounds like a plan my friend.

We'd love to have you attend. Just let me know if you need anything.

krm375
03-21-11, 14:21
I got extended, wont be around there till day 3, I will see the calendar for more stuff, would have loved to be there for the LAV course.

M4arc
03-22-11, 15:24
I'm IN! See you guys there.

Larry Vickers
03-25-11, 13:04
Gang as always the USTC classes are special - great facility and great support - a quick heads up on a couple things that are not obvious;

1) You can get ammo from USTC - often the prices are very reasonable if you are flying in or coming from a long distance away - just be aware of that; it can be a big help

2) I usually prefer to stay on the facility at the Black Bear Inn whenever possible - just makes life easier for the class

Spring is here and the first 3 day carbine/pistol of the season is upon us - if you can make it I assure you it will be a great class

Be safe

LAV

VA_Dinger
03-31-11, 08:11
Wow, this is going to be one awesome class.

No question about it. :D

lebowski
03-31-11, 08:34
I'm looking forward to it

Larry Vickers
04-06-11, 20:37
Just over a week out everybody - I wanna jump here and boost this class as we have a few more slots open AND every class I have ever done at USTC has been dynamite; great facilities and great learning environment - if you can make it you won't be disappointed

I hope to see you there and be safe

LAV

VA_Dinger
04-08-11, 09:18
Just over a week out everybody - I wanna jump here and boost this class as we have a few more slots open AND every class I have ever done at USTC has been dynamite; great facilities and great learning environment - if you can make it you won't be disappointed

I hope to see you there and be safe

LAV

RGR That, these are always some of the finest classes of the year.

:D

MerQ
04-13-11, 19:56
Wishing I could go. If only it were one month later. I'm moving to NC next week and it doesn't look like there are anymore "local" 3-Day Basic Carbine/Pistol classes for the rest of this calendar year. Oh well maybe I will just do them individually.

VA_Dinger
04-14-11, 13:42
FYI: This class kicks off tomorrow at 08:30. Everyone has been sent the start time, location, lodging suggestions, restaurant suggestions, etc.

We are on range 35 for Fri-Sat, and range 7 for Sunday.

If anybody has any questions please feel free to contact me.

See you guys tomorrow.

Paul

bigrobbierob
04-18-11, 19:44
I am wondering how this class went with the weather that came through the area. Anyone?

VA_Dinger
04-20-11, 20:16
I am wondering how this class went with the weather that came through the area. Anyone?

The class went well, but the weather did not go so well. :D Tornado's in NC & VA caused us issues Saturday night.

We should have the AAR and the start of the photos up ASAP.