PDA

View Full Version : Vltor MUR came in today.

Hoplophile
08-02-06, 15:26
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hoplophile/Recce.jpg

Still waiting on a couple parts, will take a better pic when they arrive and I get them installed.

The MUR is a perfect match for my Colt lower both dimensionally and cosmetically. Nice snug fit with no wobble. Pins were stiff at first but I lubed them up with some CLP and worked them back and forth a few times and now they don't need any tools.

Had some trouble the the ejection port cover being tight. It would open okay but I couldn't get it closed even though the detent didn't feel too tight.. A couple passes with a stone followed by 10 or 15 times tapping it closed with the handle of a screwdriver and now it closes by hand with a sharp snap.

That's a Dennys Guns/GTS mid length chrome lined barrel under a KAC long FF RAS. KAC 300M rear and I'll be getting the KAC front to go with it whenever Wes gets some in. The mini-ACOG is a 3x w/ amber cross hair.

mtdawg169
08-02-06, 15:33
Very nice build! I'm drooling over yours while waiting on Grant to finish mine. Can't wait to see it. I went with DD 9.0 Lite rail & Noveske 16" bbl. will post pics next week.

Yojimbo
08-03-06, 07:20
That's great looking setu and I'm sure she will shoot well too! ;)

Bulldog1967
08-12-06, 21:44
Sweet!

Lets meet at the NRA range so I can QC it! :D

Hoplophile
08-12-06, 22:47
Sweet!

Lets meet at the NRA range so I can QC it! :D
Well, you've already done some shooting with the lower at BW last year...:D

Cyclic240B
08-13-06, 04:18
Nice rifle, those MUR's look nice.