PDA

View Full Version : SLR 107cr

glockkid88
11-12-10, 20:36
I want to buy an arsenal in 7,62x39. My local gun store has a SLR 107cr for sale at a reasonable price. I really like the folding stock on the rifle. The only problem is that I live in MI and cannot own an sbr. The problem is that the fake flash suppressor on the end of the muzzle actually does nothing to kill the flash. Also it kind of seems like a rattle trap. Also it offers a shorter sight radius without the advantage of a shorter barrel. This led me to look into a different rifle from arsenal, namely the slr107f. However this rifle is not in stock at my gun stores supplier. Does anyone have experience with the slr107cr in a non sbr format? How does the rifle perform?

lloydkristmas
11-13-10, 10:12
If we are thinking of the same gun, isnt it basically just an AK with a shortened sight radius? It uses a Front sight/Gas block combo, right? It still has the 16 inch barrel, its just covered up by the fake muzzle device.

So basically, expect a larger muzzle blast, slightly less efficient sights. If you plan on using optics, I wouldnt worry much about the sight radius.

If its a serious use carbine, you might look into something with a more effective muzzle device. As with most all of Arsenals guns, its a great rifle nonetheless.

Boss Hogg
11-14-10, 09:31
I wouldn't touch the -107CR unless I could SBR it.

If you do SBR it, you'll have the coolest AK in town. They're fantastic.

armakraut
11-14-10, 11:06
Not a bad rifle to run without the muzzle device on.

Sights come up quick, lighter on the front end than most regular AK's.

UrbanRunner
11-14-10, 15:09
I had a somewhat similar decision to make.

I was in the market for another 7.62x39 and based on my happy experience with my SLR106F, I was looking at a SLR107FR. I then started to look closely at the 107CR but decided it didn't make much sense if you didn't SBR it (shorter site radius, no muzzle break, etc).

In my case I've decided to go the SBR route. If I had not, I would have gone with the 107FR.