PDA

View Full Version : P30LS Problems

mikeshin1023
11-13-10, 11:39
Hello all,

I just got my first pistol ever. I decided finally on the P30LS .40 V1 and just got it at my local gun shop. However, I have noticed a couple of problems. So far, I have fire about 500 rounds through the weapon and have experienced several problems.

During the 500 rounds I have experienced:
6 Stovepipes (4 with 165 grn PMC ammo, 2 with 180 grn Federal)
1 Failure to Feed (180 grn Federal)
1 Double Feed (165 PMC)

I think this is a lot of stoppages for an hk.

Another glaring issue I am having is that the partially filled mags seem to dropping from the gun every 2-3 rounds I shoot. I'm pretty sure my hands and fingers aren't bumping the mag release when I shoot.

Should I call HK and return my new love to the hospital?

JonInWA
11-13-10, 12:02
I would.

Best, Jon

John_Wayne777
11-13-10, 15:08
That is not normal behavior for a P30. Definitely contact H&K and have them take a look at the pistol.

glockkid88
11-13-10, 15:10
I would call H&k. I have heard that their customer service is really bad though. I wish you best of luck.

Mjolnir
11-13-10, 15:15
I've not had great experience with PMC ammo. But your issue could be a number of things: you, the pistol and/or the ammo.

HK Customer service has improved remarkably. If you feel the need to send it call them and they'll send you an RMA.

gtmtnbiker98
11-13-10, 15:38
Sounds like a poor grip, causing mag release during recoil. Not un heard of with HK paddle releases and new shooters. As for the ammo concerns, have you tried different ammo and a different shooter, to rule out both bad ammo and you limp wristing?

Entropy
11-14-10, 08:41
I would have other people shoot it as well. It may not be shooter induced, but you never know.

On the other hand, it could be a problem with the gun. Even the best of pistol makers will have a lemon get through quality control unnoticed.

forgiven
11-14-10, 08:57
Sounds like a poor grip, causing mag release during recoil. Not un heard of with HK paddle releases and new shooters. As for the ammo concerns, have you tried different ammo and a different shooter, to rule out both bad ammo and you limp wristing?

Not to sound like we're jumping on you, but it's easy to accidentally hit that mag release.

mikeshin1023
11-15-10, 12:13
Thanks for the help everyone. I would think that it is me hittingthe paddle, but the same problem happens even with one handed shooting. And the mag seems to drop consistently at mid recoil. I think I'll send it to Hk just in case. Otherwise it's a fantastic firearm. I didn't think I'd like the dao trigger, but it grew on me to the point where I love it much more than a da/sa trigger I'm used to. Just wish the reset was a tad bit shorter, but other than that, worth every penny.