PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a 7.62x25.

dvdlpzus
11-13-10, 15:46
I am thinking about picking up a CZ 52 or a M57 TT. I've never shot any and don't know anyone around who has one but I would like to have a 7.62x25 for plinking, to hide around in the home and price.

Which of the two is better? This will be for my first C&R purchase.

Eliakim
11-13-10, 18:05
The Tokarev is smaller but the CZ is certainly a cool pistol. Personally I'd go with the CZ-52

Thankfully the surplus ammo is still cheap and plentiful (and Wolf sells hollow point).:secret:

spdldr
11-13-10, 20:48
Factory original CZ mags are getting hard to find. A good Tokarev should be reliable, and it is lighter and more compact. Don't carry it with a loaded chamber though as the various safeties the gov. requires sometimes just block the trigger. Never carry it hammer down with the chamber loaded, as it does not have an inertia firing pin, and half cock is dangerous if you should drop it.

Dave,

Boonie Packer

pilotguyo540
11-13-10, 23:36
A CZ-52 isnt that bad. I have one and like it. unfortunately it is my only hand gun:eek: You can damn near frame a house with it. it is a tack driver with surplus ammo. I am almost 100% sure that mine is just a fluke in that regard. they have their quirks, and are not combat reliable by today's standards, but for fun, why not?

Thanks Eliakim for the wolf HP info. this round needs HP!!!

I had one member of this forum refer to this gun as the short bus of auto loaders:sarcastic: I would not go that far, but it is funny.