PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to buy a whey protein supplement or to make it yourself?

dail621
11-13-10, 17:47
I recently got into the hobby of making my own cheese and one day I was told that all that milky liquid bi-product was whey.

So my question is, is it better to just drink a glass of this liquid whey or to buy a whey supplement from GNC or somewhere similar?

Thanks,

David

300WM
11-17-10, 19:20
You would have to make a lot of cheese to get the concentration you need as a protein suppliment. I don't believe as much if you are using it for cooking or baking. Sam's club has a whey protein suppliment called Pro-Rated in King Kong size tubs (90 serv. at 22gr. protein in 30gr. of powder for about $24.00. It is good quality and works well in my opinion. Mixes the best with warmer liquids.

dail621
11-17-10, 19:36
I get over half a gallon of whey bi product and even if its not the best, it still cant hurt.

300WM
11-17-10, 19:45
I do not disagree with you at all. I would difinitely use any that I made. I just don't think I could make the amount that I need or use.
Take every advantage!

dail621
11-17-10, 19:53
I do not disagree with you at all. I would difinitely use any that I made. I just don't think I could make the amount that I need or use.
Take every advantage!

Haha sorry about my previous response. It came off wrong...
I'm not much into supplements but hey, if its there why not use it.

Thanks for the advice.

300WM
11-17-10, 21:22
Haha sorry about my previous response. It came off wrong...
I'm not much into supplements but hey, if its there why not use it.

Thanks for the advice.

It's all good. Lots of stuff on the net about it. Good luck.