PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Eagle M4 FB mag pouches

BushmasterFanBoy
08-03-07, 11:15
I was thinking of getting a few of these to have a few "quick reload" mags on my chest rig. Does anyone have any hands-on experience with them? How tight are they? How secure are they? Are they still quick to get out?

Pat_Rogers
08-03-07, 11:25
I was thinking of getting a few of these to have a few "quick reload" mags on my chest rig. Does anyone have any hands-on experience with them? How tight are they? How secure are they? Are they still quick to get out?

Yes- about 8 years worth

You will not lose the magazine undernormal conditions. If strenous conditions exist, affix the flap

Yes

R Moran
08-03-07, 15:12
I used the 1X2 mag during the APD swat course, never lost a mag, including running the O course, at least twice(sorta).

Bob

Snake RAH
08-03-07, 16:15
Buy with confidence.

rob_s
08-03-07, 16:51
I use an Eagle chest-rig, which I believe uses the same type of retention. I've never lost a mag and am very happy with them.

I'm going to be getting some of the belt-mount versions shortly as well since my holster just got here for my Eagle belt.

I think they're a great solution for those of us that don't want flaps.

BushmasterFanBoy
08-03-07, 17:18
I use an Eagle chest-rig, which I believe uses the same type of retention. I've never lost a mag and am very happy with them.

I'm going to be getting some of the belt-mount versions shortly as well since my holster just got here for my Eagle belt.

I think they're a great solution for those of us that don't want flaps.

Yea, thats what attracted me to them. I'm running a DBT chest rig with 6 integrated mag pouches, so I'm using bungees. I'm thinking of getting two of these so I can have 60 rounds ready to be reloaded, while I can still use my DBT chest rig to load more mags if they are needed right away, I'm thinking I can use these as my "go to" pouches and when they empty, I can use down time to put mags from the DBT rig into the FB pouches. Anyone else do anything like this?

Harv
08-03-07, 21:04
BushmasterFanBoy

I'm thinking I can use these as my "go to" pouches and when they empty, I can use down time to put mags from the DBT rig into the FB pouches. Anyone else do anything like this?

The force is strong in this one.....

That is EXACTLY how you should be doing it.. Ammo and magazine management is a very critical part of keeping your head in the game.

When you need a Mag ..NOW... you go to your emergency reload pouch.. one that provides you with fast and easy access.... then when there is a lull in the fight.. you cross level your ammo from hard to reach spots to the easy accessible ones...

Believe it or not.. this technique is used all the way up to an M1 Main battle tank...(just takes a wee bit longer to do...;))

and as far as the FB pouch...

All the smart guys have already told you what you need to do... I got two of them and use them all the time.

Mac679
08-05-07, 16:56
I have 4 of them mounted on my chest rig. I've used them during buddy team, squad, and platoon live fires in Germany-so long as I wasn't going for cover like I was sliding for home plate to win the World Series, I haven't really had problems with losing mags. (I do wish the flap was longer for a better bite with the velcro-especially useful if using something like magpuls.)

Are they fast? They're my go to pouches for speed reloads. My CO went to say something to me once when I didn't take a knee while speed reloading on a CQM range. He stopped after taking one step and I already had a fresh mag in and round chambered. So I'd say they're pretty fast-of course training with Pat and Paul Howe doesn't hurt either....:D

Pat_Rogers
08-05-07, 17:04
Nice, Grasshopper:D

BushmasterFanBoy
08-05-07, 17:13
Nice to know this has everyone's seal of approval.:D

R Moran
08-05-07, 21:38
Are they fast? They're my go to pouches for speed reloads. My CO went to say something to me once when I didn't take a knee while speed reloading on a CQM range. He stopped after taking one step and I already had a fresh mag in and round chambered. So I'd say they're pretty fast-of course training with Pat and Paul Howe doesn't hurt either....:D

Sometimes........ "Speed IS security".

Bob

Hootiewho
08-05-07, 22:05
I am looking at these Eagle mag pouches as well; how close is their Khaki to Coyote Brown, and is there a reason that they don't put out a lot of gear in CB? Also, would something like a 2x4 from Triad Tac be too wide to run on a Molle Belt?

rob_s
08-08-07, 06:33
As a piggyback question, does anyone know if the Eagle Single Duty Mag Pouch, M-4 (http://triadtactical.com/?mainURL=/store/category/a34g/Belts_and_Belt_Kit_First_Line.html) can be run with the flap stowed? It evidently has the FB insert and it has a velcro spot on it that appears to be for securing the flap, so I'm inclined to think that it can be run open.

LOKNLOD
08-08-07, 08:23
As a piggyback question, does anyone know if the Eagle Single Duty Mag Pouch, M-4 (http://triadtactical.com/?mainURL=/store/category/a34g/Belts_and_Belt_Kit_First_Line.html) can be run with the flap stowed? It evidently has the FB insert and it has a velcro spot on it that appears to be for securing the flap, so I'm inclined to think that it can be run open.

Yes, it folds down flat against the outside of the pouch and secures with velcro.