PDA

View Full Version : Warren tactical 1dot vs 2dot night sights

wvincent
11-14-10, 16:44
Trying to decide between 1 dot or two dot night sights. To me the rear dot seems like it would almost be distracting. Waren advertises that the rear dot is subdued, if this is the case is it so weak that it doesn't add any benefit?
What is your preference and why?
Also, will the Warrens change my poa from center mass to six o'clock? These sights are going on an M&P 9c

Thank you in advance.

operator81
11-14-10, 17:03
I have Warren 2 dots on my G22. The rear dot is quite subdued, yellow in color without an outline. The front dot is larger with a white outline and green, which glows brighter. Mine shoots POA/POI with a shoot the dot hold. I prefer the 2-dot system, I have it on all my other Glocks in Heinie form. Reason I prefer both dots is for low light. I like being able to know exactly where my rear sight is in relation to the front. I don't find the rear dot to distract me from being able to focus on the front. You just kinda see the faint glow of the rear letting you know its there.

Uglyguns
11-15-10, 09:26
I run the Sevigny carry sights, single dot. I focus on the front sight and two or three dots are distracting, for me atleast. They have different front sight heights to set poa/poi or a six hold.

V/r
Uglyguns

FishingFool
11-15-10, 14:30
Have both. Prefer 2 dot rears.

kjdoski
11-15-10, 17:32
I've tried both, and STRONGLY prefer 2-dot rears. The primary reason is that with the 1-dot rear, getting a horizontal alignment of the front and rear sights becomes much slower and less precise in dim light and/or against a dark target...

Regards,

Kevin

brianc142
11-15-10, 20:47
I run the Sevigny carry sights, single dot. I focus on the front sight and two or three dots are distracting, for me atleast. They have different front sight heights to set poa/poi or a six hold.

V/r
Uglyguns
Same here, black rear, tritium front with both Sevigny and standard Warrens.

texag
11-15-10, 21:34
I haven't shot the tritium front/subdued tritium rear in low light, but the tritium front/plain rear warrens on my M&P did fine in near complete darkness at 15 yds and in. (didn't shoot at 25yds in low light)