PDA

View Full Version : BCM Blem Lowers?

wahoo95
11-14-10, 19:09
Whats the deal with the BCM Blem Lowers? Are they like most Blem parts in terms of not really being so bad as to notice a difference? Anyone have one and care to comment? Just checking before a order one.

yellowv
11-14-10, 19:15
From what I have heard most have barely any visible flaws. I believe they did stamp a mark on hte front of the magwells on the blem lowers though. Not sure if they still do that.

Palmguy
11-14-10, 19:38
I've had two...only the first was stamped, and both had very minor flaws. The one I still have got worse marks during my first range trip. Well worth the savings if you ask me.

g5m
11-14-10, 19:53
They are just fine. Put them with an upper, take them out and shoot them a few times and whatever is a blem - like a minor small spot in the finish- looks like it's been out to be shot a time or two.
IMO you can buy with confidence.

mikejg
11-14-10, 20:26
It took me about a week to figure out why my blem lower was a "blem".

The only thing I can figure is the machining on the front of the magwell is slightly off center. If that's not what is blemished I have no idea what makes it a blem.

Function, fit, and even the finish are awesome.

magikbullet
11-14-10, 21:12
I have one ordered that I should receive this week. I'll get some pics of whatever blem I can find.

djegators
11-15-10, 00:00
I got two of these so-called blem lowers in last week. Only thing I can find on them, is that they have the older roll mark. I had contacted BCM rep when these first became available, and based on that exchange I expected some serious cosmetic flaws, but was not the case at all with mine.

Iraqgunz
11-15-10, 01:08
Been discussed before. As have the Noveske and other blemmed lowers.