PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running a Blue Force Gear VCAS sling on a bolt gun?

30 cal slut
11-15-10, 15:21
So I'm shopping around for a PR build and have been looking at nylon slings.

It seems a lot of the PR guys like the TAB Gear slings.

http://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/tab-gear-sling.html

I'm already sitting on a pile of Blue Force Gear VCAS slings and have trained on them (weak hand transition, etc) ... it's tactical nylon, so just off the top of my head (unless I'm missing something re: manipulation) it looks like the same sling could do double duty on a bolt gun.

Thoughts?

mark5pt56
11-15-10, 16:07
I modified one to work on mine, basically allowing it to adjust from being tight, no slack to as long as I need it to be for shooting or cross sling carry.

I talked to bfg over a year or more ago and they could give 2 shits about making one. So I took a slider from a victory sling and used sling material from the contractors one, had to have a piece sewed.

It's set up on the standard swivel points. I did experiement one time with the A2 stock adapter on the rear and the long wire loop on the front around the sling swivel-great for the tree stand. I guess if you had an AI stock or QD cups on the side, it would work without sling mods.

30 cal slut
11-15-10, 16:18
mark,

thanks, that is interesting ...

hozer
11-16-10, 10:02
I use one on my AI. I like it a lot. No complaints.

TacticalIntervention
11-21-10, 16:06
Difference between carry sling and shooting sling. MOst of the AR stuff is design for carry and not precision shooting.

If you ever want to talk of differences I will be glad to talk with you.

Mike Miller
Tacticalintervention.com

TehLlama
11-21-10, 20:35
I'm wondering how possible it would be to run an unpadded VCAS sling that's been installed backwards and butchered to function like an M1907 on the new front half...

crossgun
11-21-10, 20:41
The T.I.S. slings work well and are used by a lot of guys as well.

http://www.tacticalintervention.com/rifleslings.html

TacticalIntervention
11-22-10, 12:49
Dude, anything is possible. The first TIS Quick Cuffs where leather 1907 slings cut in middle with Fastex buckles installed and turned around backwards ( circa 1985-1990). They just morphed into better materials and designs as the years and experiences passed. Have at it. You might come up with new thing.