PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Pentagon...

HAMMERDROP
08-04-07, 16:28
A couple of months ago - trying to save a few bucks not really wanting to dive into $400 or so deep water of a Surefire M95 series weaponlight, I bought a 6 volt Pentagon SA2 Stealth assault light from Grant outta his open box section even though it was brand new. I get the light load the batts I turn down the push button tail cap ... and the light comes on ! Okay I keep turning it down it til it seats all the way and it doesn't go off when the tailcap seats past its 'O' ring I think after switching battery positions its gotta be a bad push button tailcap but what was ironic is that a push button tailcap from a Surefire G3 seated and worked properly ! Pentagons push button tailcap worked but I had to turn it out about 3 turns which caused it to wobble slightly and I felt it was not water proof - like I need a waterproof weaponlight !!! - not Grants prob so ...
I call Pentagon and they send a new tailcap - same thing ... I was leaning towards a refund from Grant at that point then Pentagon wants me to send the whole thing back so I do ...couple of weeks goes by it shows back up...same thing I email Grant I S N I T C H on them then I get a call from 'Cassie' @Pentagon Light she sez Pentagon will send FEDX to pick up my SA2 and then ...get I can pick :
ANY light - ANY light - ANY light from their website with no added expense !!!

I open Pentagons website and I could have been a pig and I did ask if I should take advantage of their kind offer and I was told to go for it!
But I didn't I asked for a 9volt SA3R Stealth assault light and they threw in a green filter an extra bulb and an extra tailcap, but both push button tail caps worked pretty much the same way as the original I had bought ...I adapted. Disappointed no I ordered their 'recessed tail cap it seats and functions perfectly ?!?!? So I guess there is no moral just that there are companies out there that still take care of their customers like Grant and Pentagon Light.

Michael George

baffle Stack
08-04-07, 20:53
Impressive.:cool: The stealth has the LaRue built in right?

HAMMERDROP
08-04-07, 21:33
Yes it does, the reason I chose it was the Larue mount. But now I am as satisfied with the Pentagon 9 volt as I am with the 6 volt M95 series Surefire I bought. I sure wish Surefire used an offset mount, it is sweet and no fargin wire.