PDA

View Full Version : muzzle break/flash hider question and others :

msm
11-16-10, 08:46
On my M4 my sons had built and gave to me, I had to get a longer muzzle break/flash hider for it in order to make the rifle legal. I got a 2 inch Yankee Hill Phantom to keep the same look as the GI. My question is ; does the solid side on the MB/FH go up or down when tightened, and also does the crush washer go on with the bevel side inboard or out ?
Another question I have is do the picatinney rails you can get to go on the upper and lower side of the GI issue handgaurd work well ?, I want to keep the original handgaurd and look and also I will not be mounting anything on either side, and who makes a good quality rail for this ?
I will only be mounting a vertical handgrip with collapsible bipod my sons gave me on the bottom with a flashlight in front of it. Only thing I'll be mounting on top is a 4 power scope and a GI issue 3rd generation night scope in front of it which was also give to me by my sons. Am happy to have this rifle I enjoy shooting it as much as anything I've ever owned. It's a blessing to have two sons in the U.S.M.C. and God bless everyone of them. Only cost I've had on this rifle was the muzzle break/flash hider, new telescoping stock, so I've got $50 in it. Everything on the lower and upper is brand new, upper is all Colt, lower made by Delaware Machinery. Look forward to learning as much as I can about it. Good info here.

lethal dose
11-16-10, 08:50
Slots up, solid side down. Welcome.

Marty916
11-16-10, 09:04
Bevel side of washer goes inboard (facing the barrel shoulder).

msm
11-16-10, 10:07
appreciate the info guys.