PDA

View Full Version : Need a cheek riser for T-1 on 870.

kdcgrohl
11-16-10, 11:12
As the title says, I need a riser for T-1(stock mount) on a Mesa saddle rail. I can use the front sight under the rail very well, but I would like some additional height for optic use. Using the synthetic stock that comes on the 870P. Any experience?

terrymo
11-17-10, 16:06
I had a chance to shoot a shotgun with a accu-riser cheek pad. I believe it was attached with double sided tape and a velcro strap. I believe they also make an accu-riser that is attached with hardware directly to the stock. I am interested in the Mesa Tactical Urbino with adjustable cheek riser when they are finally released for the 870 since I plan to get an aimpoint T-1 in the future.

arizona98tj
11-20-10, 16:39
I run an EOTech on my shotgun. I had the same problem.....I used an Accu-Riser on mine. Ran it through a tactical shotgun course configured in this fashion. It worked very nicely....finished the course with just 3 points off of a perfect score. :)

My review of the Accu-Riser (http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/fnh/accuriser/accuriser-1.htm).

http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/fnh/accuriser/IMG_1321.JPG

kdcgrohl
11-22-10, 08:51
Adjustable Accu-riser inbound. Thanks guys.

arizona98tj
11-22-10, 16:45
When you get it, post up your results of how it worked.

kdcgrohl
12-10-10, 14:49
I cut an inch off the LOP of the original synthetic stock, and mounted the ACCU-RISER with the short pad(short pad lets me lean in and use the front sight under the Mesa side saddle rail).
Handling feels great and seems to "fit" me much better. I'll update with a pic soon.

Dan Goodwin
12-11-10, 23:35
I was enjoying the Magpul SG DVD this week and noticed one of the class participants was using something I've always thought was a great idea for beads, RS or optics on an SG: a Monte Carlo stock on his 1100. IIRC that guy was using a Trijicon RMR rather than a T1, but same-same for drop.

From getting involved in SCTP Trap back in '04 as a coach and parent, I learned the standard drop stocks only worked with beads for a small percentage of people. We would use several layers of Cheek-Eze pads to get the inexpensive shotguns drop raised to where the kids' eyes were behind the bead.

The kids who used Beretta or Remington trapguns already had Monte Carlo stocks that were usable.

What the LE/HD world needs is an 870 Monte Carlo stock with a 13-in. LOP to make a lot of shooters more effective. Right now I've got a couple Cheek-Eze pads on my 14-in. 870P. Need to get motivated and fab my own MC Shorty.

arizona98tj
12-12-10, 22:57
Handling feels great and seems to "fit" me much better. I'll update with a pic soon.

Glad to hear it is working for me. As I said, mine works very well for me and I can't imagine going back to the regular stock as long as I have an EOTech on my SLP.