PDA

View Full Version : Again with the 1-4 optics, focus?

bruchi
11-16-10, 15:22
Brother just got a Millet DMS for his AR, have not really tested it yet to form an opinion but I already do not like the deal with the turrets, they are quite uncomfortable to work with, it is very hard to hear or feel the clicks and then we have largish hands!

What I do like is that there is no focusing available with the DMS, is this the same on all 1-4 scopes, been looking at the Nikon 223 1-4 but it does not say anywhere if there is focusing required onthe Nikon what about the Meopta and the Trijicon?

bp7178
11-16-10, 15:31
The Trijicon TR24 series does have a focus ring. IMO, this is a VERY desireable feature, and allows you to match the focus of the optic to your eyeball. From what I can tell, the Meopta also has a focus, also called a diopter adjustment ring.

I wouldn't expect a scope at the Millett's price point to have tactile clicks in the adjustments. This feature is usally found on more expensive models.

By far, my favorite scope so far is the TR24G. Not having an etched glass reticle, and the illumination is tied to the fiber optics make the reticle's illumination look very different from typical scopes.

With the exception of scopes that use LEDs, ie Short Dot, etched reticles are illuminated by reflection. On the Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x with the CMR2 reticle I had...and I stress had...the reticle almost had a cartoonish look when illuminated, and the illumination wasn't all that great.