PDA

View Full Version : FSC556 Vc. Battle Comp 1.0

No Bananas
11-16-10, 21:27
I'll be throwing this on a 16" bbl. I understand that the Battle Compe does a great job of controlling blast. I'm most concerned with muzzle rise and recoil reduction. Which is best?

jumbopanda
11-16-10, 21:47
It is my understanding that they are equally good at controlling muzzle rise, but the Battlecomp is not as loud to people next to you.

cop1211
11-16-10, 21:47
I've had both, now only have the Battlecomp.

The Battlecomp is the way to go.

BufordTJustice
11-17-10, 00:16
I'll be throwing this on a 16" bbl. I understand that the Battle Compe does a great job of controlling blast. I'm most concerned with muzzle rise and recoil reduction. Which is best?

To answer your question, I have shot both on a 16" midlength. They are about identical as far as reducing/controlling muzzle rise. The FSC556 offered noticeably more reduction in what recoil the AR15 has to offer. It allowed me to 'get lazy' with my stance and made it MUCH easier for me to shoot while moving laterally. I have shot both indoors and outdoors and the BC is quieter, though I personally do not find the FSC556 to be objectionably louder than the BC. I have equipped my 14.5" middy w/ an FSC556 and am blatantly biased toward the FSC. It's my opinion that the FSC and BC are head-and-shoulders above most other comps out there (except for the 3-times-more-expensive KAC incolnel TT brake). There's my $.02.

I would highly recommend shooting both if you get a chance....that's the only way you'll really be able to make up your mind about which YOU would prefer.

Stickman
11-17-10, 00:30
I'm most concerned with muzzle rise and recoil reduction. Which is best?

If that is all you care about, the BC still wins.

Hmac
11-17-10, 01:34
I have both. IMHO the BC is better at controlling muzzle rise and a LOT better controlling blast and noise. Since this picture, I've switched out the FSC556 for one of the "blems" I bought from BCE.

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/129365195.jpg

ryu_sekai
11-17-10, 10:25
I like the BC :D
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/raizo_sekai/b3dd554f.jpg

GermanSynergy
11-17-10, 10:29
I've owned both, and the Battlecomp 1.0/1.5 is superior IMHO.

BrentC
11-17-10, 13:40
thats good to hear since im ordering a BC.

koz
11-17-10, 16:00
I've have both - The BC now resides on my 11.5, 16" guns and the BC1.5 sits on a 14.5". The FSC556 sits on a loaner gun now.

Cascades236
11-17-10, 16:54
Are you still supposed to avoid frangible ammo with the BC?

BWT
11-17-10, 17:02

I believe they do recommend one jacketed frangible bullet.

NOTICE:

BattleComp tactical compensators are designed for Team CQB and are intended to be used with normal, solid ammunition.

Frangible ammuntion, very light plastic training ammo, paint-marking rounds and other non-standard ammunition should NOT be used with BattleComp products.

Frangible ammunition can come apart before exiting the barrel, which could result in a damaged BattleComp (jacketed MilSpec 62-grain frangible ammunition is acceptable). Lightweight marking rounds can easily become lodged in barrels for a number of reasons. Users choosing to use these rounds with BattleComp products assume all risk associated with such choices. NO ONE has ever been injured by using a BattleComp product, and we want to keep it that way.

http://battlecomp.com/?page_id=2

SteveL
11-17-10, 17:59

To expand on what BWT posted the following quote is from page 50 of the BattleComp thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55210):

It was easier to tell folks NO frangible; or at least, we thought it would be. We were wrong.

Your gun won't blow up. At most, you could ruin your BC, but your gun will still run, provided it was a runner to start.

We learned during a T&E, that an agency had done a few full-auto magazine dumps; and after the last magazine, they noticed the comp was damaged. No one got so much as a mark. The gun was fine, and another BC was sent to replace it. That agency's evaluator still likes the BC quite a bit, but the frang they use was unjacketed, compressed sintered metal -- and it was painfully obvious at least one frang round had come apart in the barrel at some point, and more followed. The T&E folks were kind enough to tell us, and we worked hard with them to complete their T&E.

After this incident, we warned against lightweight paint marking rounds, too -- because WITH AN A2, some of our happy SWAT cops conspired to put a sim bolt into a full-auto M4, and didn't even realize they had plugged up the barrel until after two FULL magazines were spent -- and I spent 3 hours of my life pulling out some 56 paint pellets out of the gun so it wouldn't be down in case of a callout. We figured if this could happen with the A2, trying it with a BC might not be a good idea, either.

We posted the frang warning to get in front of the issue. We were upfront so folks would not be unpleasantly surprised; although we have personally shot quite a bit of frangible through our own. If folks want to risk a $150 BC unit with unjacketed frang, go for it -- but if the ammo breaks your BC -- it ain't our fault -- and we warned you. We wouldn't recommend using this stuff with a can with anyone else's muzzle device, either.

Some folks have chosen to take that the wrong way; and some have even gone so far as to claim we have some dark, evil intent with our comp and our warning, along with our "hype" and our "fanboys" -- but that's okay with us. Our proponents wear big boy pants and they can handle themselves just fine.

The BC is not for everyone, and we never said it should be. If folks don't want a BC, please don't buy one. If you bought one and don't like it, please return it and we will refund every penny -- including the shipping both ways -- and if you're really cool, you might even provide some constructive criticism that would help us improve it. If you want to call us names, knock yourself out.

We're not perfect, and we never claimed to be -- and the three of us work hard to keep folks happy with the BC, the customer service, and our guarantee.

If you like it, please tell your friends.

That's all we ask.

Be safe, and have a Happy Halloween!

Marty916
11-17-10, 18:26
We recently ran a series of tests with jacketed frangible ammo and had no issues. Non-jacketed frangible ammo is not recommended for use with the BattleComp due to the round potentially coming apart as it leaves the barrel, a typical artifact of this sort of unsupported compressed metal ammo. Any standard jacketed ammo is fine.
Marty

rbabbitt767
11-18-10, 11:42
For someone who is currently running an FSC556, would the advantages of the BC be enough to warrant a switch?

Freelance
11-18-10, 16:04
IMHO having run both, I would say yes.

C45P312
11-18-10, 17:17
I've personally ran at least 1200rds of 62gr Frangible ammo on two separate occasions, and notice zero damage to my BCE 1.5 on a 14.5in middy.

CavReconScout
11-18-10, 17:55
I replaced my FSC556 with a Battlecomp, so I would say yes. ;)

Zeus
11-18-10, 19:51
Pulled the 556 earlier this year... now have three BC's (1.0 x1 and 1.5 x 2) and a 556 sitting in a bag... The Battlecomps are good stuff. No "Kool-aid" required.

payj
11-19-10, 03:05
Are the battlecomps quieter?

rob_s
11-19-10, 04:45
Awful lot of one-line "I like my..." type posts in this thread. It would be nice, and far more helpful for the OP and others trying to make a choice, if some of you could elaborate on that. If you have only experience with the one product you have currently then you should say so. If you arrived at your current setup through extensive testing and use then say so. How many rounds? What types of shooting? How long did you use one or the other?

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19307

Zeus
11-19-10, 05:48
Rob is right... if the OP would like to PM me for my particular experiences feel free (four hours sleep and about 50 of my troops to put through our Job Specific Test this morning so I have no time to elaborate). Otherwise, there is a VERY extensive thread on battlecomps here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55210

Although it is not specifically about the FSC556 vs. Battle Comp 1.0, many of us compare it as such.