PDA

View Full Version : Holster suggestions

drummerdude1188
11-17-10, 01:42
So im picking up a M&P 9 tommorw, and I trying to figure out which holster to get. Uses will be for IDPA, and training/range time. Retention is not really an issue, so im looking at the comp tac or the raven concealment phantom. Is the raven good for OWB use? You cant really get CCW's in cali unless your Sylvester Stallone, so iwb is a non issue as well. Im thinking raven just because of the modularity of it, how I can change the loops for use on a molle belt or a regular one. What say you?

ChicagoTex
11-17-10, 02:17
You can order a Comp-Tac and have it in a week, or you can order a Raven and have it in 3+ months.

For your application I doubt you'll notice much difference either way, and Comp-Tac is quality kit.

Dave L.
11-17-10, 03:43
Comp-Tac Holsters are awesome. They use much thicker kydex than Raven Concealment. I have seen more RCS holster crack than Comp-Tac*.
I own one Comp-Tac and 3 Raven Concealment holsters. With that said, my most recent purchase was a Kaluban Cloak holster because of the use of thicker Kydex with all the design benefits of a RCS style holster.
For IDPA, you may want a Comp-Tac OWB, might be faster. YMMV.

*I have never seen a Comp-Tac crack, nor cracked any of my RCS holsters...yet.

BSmith
11-17-10, 08:26
I bought the Comp-Tac for my M&P 9 for use at the range. It's a very quality setup but I'll be honest in that it slides on my belt if I don't straddle a belt loop. I'd need to find some way to secure it better if I were to do any sort of competition shooting or take another training class. My mag pouches do the same thing from a different company.

I bought from them because of the quality on my MTAC holster and quick turn around times.