PDA

View Full Version : Fill out your Bio's you slackers...

Harv
08-05-07, 14:17
Just a thought, but maybe it would be helpful if people filled out there Bio's a little.
It is always helpful to know who your are dealing with. I know it works with very good success on another board I hang at and also helps to keep the riff Raff and trolls out..

Good idea or forget it...

C4IGrant
08-05-07, 14:18
Just a thought, but maybe it would be helpful if people filled out there Bio's a little.
It is always helpful to know who your are dealing with. I know it works with very good success on another board I hang at and also helps to keep the riff Raff and trolls out..

I agree. Some of the IP's on the forum though are a little sensitive about putting any info on their Bio's (especially since many are still active duty).

C4

Bonk2029
08-05-07, 14:26
OK, I fleshed mine out a little bit. Happy? :D

rob_s
08-05-07, 14:32
Not a bad idea actually. I put some info on mine.

M4arc
08-05-07, 14:46
Good idea Harv, I updated mine. :)

Jay Cunningham
08-05-07, 15:18
I think it's a good idea as well, therefore I put a bit in mine.

:cool:

ST911
08-05-07, 15:45

Great idea.

Those with privacy issues (mil, industry, etc) could put whatever they were comfortable with ("Manufacturing", "Army", etc). Even a general idea of someone's frame of reference is handy.

R Moran
08-05-07, 16:17
Outstanding idea.

I've run into this constantly at another site(not TOS) where people want to argu over and over, and their only "credibility" come from post count, or the list of firearms owned in hteir sig line! As if that matters.

FWIW, I go by my real name, and have as complete a bio,as the format space will allow.

Bob

Submariner
08-05-07, 18:04
WILCO, Harv. Out.

KiraX105
08-05-07, 19:49
a few details here and a few there and all done :)

bradb55
08-05-07, 20:11
Had to do it a few times, but finally fit it all in.

the1911fan
08-05-07, 20:38
Done:)

Blankwaffe
08-05-07, 20:55
Alright....its done.

QuietShootr
08-05-07, 20:59
<wipes eyes> Yup, it still says M4Carbine, not Lightfighter....

;)

QuietShootr
08-05-07, 21:02

It also gives some people an excuse to act like assholes and think they are above getting called on it. IMO, and YMMV, of course.

uranus
08-05-07, 23:49
Updated my profile.

Nonetheless, since this is a discussion forum, it seems that the value, if any, of a member's "contributions" would be determined through discussion.

Obviously, several members have recognized expertise in various topics, and their advice, opinions, and/or recommendations are highly valued.

Otherwise, however, I am not certain that information contained in a member's profile, assuming that it is even accurate, provides much reliabilty in determining the substantive quality of his or her comments.

C4IGrant
08-06-07, 07:26
Oh alright, I broke down and updated my bio. Don't nobody call me on nothing because I cannot back any of it up! :D

C4

R Moran
08-06-07, 10:12
Updated my profile.

Nonetheless, since this is a discussion forum, it seems that the value, if any, of a member's "contributions" would be determined through discussion.

Obviously, several members have recognized expertise in various topics, and their advice, opinions, and/or recommendations are highly valued.

Otherwise, however, I am not certain that information contained in a member's profile, assuming that it is even accurate, provides much reliabilty in determining the substantive quality of his or her comments.

It may not be perfect, but its a start. As this is a new forum, its not to bad. Go to some other forums, and guys with 4 digit post counts, am I supposed to read every post by every individual to assertain his level of competence and expertiese?

At least with a small bio, and the "honor" system, you can quickly check to see where the poster is coming from. If he's full of it, it will eventually shake itself out.

Bob

ST911
08-06-07, 11:11
Oh alright, I broke down and updated my bio. Don't nobody call me on nothing because I cannot back any of it up! :D C4

Poser. :)

C4IGrant
08-06-07, 11:27
Poser.

LOL, been called worse by better! :D

C4

ST911
08-06-07, 11:29
Whoops, forgot the smiley. :D

Gunfighter13
08-06-07, 12:40
Updated mine. :cool:

John_Wayne777
08-06-07, 13:39
I'm actually a figment of your imaginations.

Thus I have no bio to fill out....

griff609
08-06-07, 17:14
New guy here, I filled mine out. This is a great site!

rhino
08-06-07, 17:37
I updated mine, but I didn't add much.

uranus
08-06-07, 20:24
It may not be perfect, but its a start. As this is a new forum, its not to bad. Go to some other forums, and guys with 4 digit post counts, am I supposed to read every post by every individual to assertain his level of competence and expertiese?

At least with a small bio, and the "honor" system, you can quickly check to see where the poster is coming from. If he's full of it, it will eventually shake itself out.

Bob

Couldn't agree more. The eventual shake out shakes out those that did not honor the honor system.