PDA

View Full Version : how's about another meet?

lethal dose
11-17-10, 19:45
Looking at the end of January to do some cold weather training. Would like to do a two day weekend meet from, like noon to 8 p.m. for a little low light, too. Also, I'd like to get together with you guys on a more personal basis to keep the fundamentals fresh in our minds. Who's in?

eo500
11-18-10, 22:36
Sounds good to me.

jjw
11-20-10, 19:43
if we can use green port in Waco Ohio, s.e. of canton. we can do anything we want as long as we are safe. no beginners i guess. i am in. several others will be also. count about 5 or more

most of us need a week after shot show to get organized.

owner of g/p charges 10.00 a day a head for non members. we need to pay for targets also i will bring a box. don't remember how much they are form target barn. or someone else can

call if u want to further see below

lethal dose
11-20-10, 20:53
if we can use green port in Waco Ohio, s.e. of canton. we can do anything we want as long as we are safe. no beginners i guess. i am in. several others will be also. count about 5 or more

most of us need a week after shot show to get organized.

owner of g/p charges 10.00 a day a head for non members. we need to pay for targets also i will bring a box. don't remember how much they are form target barn. or someone else can

call if u want to further see below

Thanks for the kind offer, however, I'll be hosting the meet. I've got tons of idpa targets, but more never hurt. Also have 20 stands. This meet is hopefully going to be a hsld/vickers course... will be posting info. As always, my invite to come traun free of charge is always open... just check with me first.

lethal dose
11-20-10, 21:05
Dumb phone...

jjw
11-21-10, 17:34
where do u plan on hosting this get together. n/s/e/west Ohio ????
let us know please barring unforeseen and enough time several will be in.

we are all in n. Ohio. Akron canton. looking for a day of trigger pulling

g/port:
a shoot house
6-7 ranges with steel to 3oo yds as much as we want
a club house and training building to get warm in.
a pistol shoot pit that is all steel for 10 12 0n a squad.

rifle ranges galore

we use it as a training facility when ken hackathorn and i have had numerous schools,in north Ohio.

hope this helps

phone: 330-670-9009
leave a number are closed for the holidays.

b.l. farley

lethal dose
11-21-10, 18:12
I have hosted dozens of classes, most recently the m4c Ohio/pa/wva spring meet. It's in Rogers, Ohio which is about 45 min from the greater akron/canton area. Greenport certainly wouldn't be completely ruled out, but we usually get quite a few from pa. The only thing I'm lacking is a place to get warm... then again, we're planning on it being cold weather oriented. Should this be a vickers class, we're looking at possibly a 2 day event. Day one pistol day two carbine. Those completing the course would reciever basic vsm class certs. Cost is around $300/ person. Is like to get together with everyone on more informal circumstances and a lot more often, too. How often you go to greenport? Is love to come down and train anytime.

CoryCop25
11-21-10, 18:58
This and the May event are very appealing to me but the problem is that I live in Eastern PA about 30 minutes from the Jersey border. :(
Not to say that I wouldn't be up for a nice 10 hour road trip....

oakmax
11-22-10, 00:56
GTA is the bomb, excellent range and "experienced" well rounded members. Hope to be involved in the get together wherever it takes place.
cw

lethal dose
11-22-10, 01:19
Who's to say we can't have more then one get together? :D

wedgehead30
11-23-10, 09:01
GTA is the bomb, excellent range and "experienced" well rounded members. Hope to be involved in the get together wherever it takes place.
cw

"Well Rounded" Ha ha, yes I am in more ways than one.:D

I'm looking forward to the coming shooting season. We've got a bunch of stuff on the books. Tactical Rifle night, Defensive Pistol night, Vets/D-day match, Full Auto match, Polymer classic match, return of the Single Stack Classic, E Classic, Tactical 22 Match, Shotgun/Slug fest, Whisper Match, Steel Challenge plus our usual three gun matches and IDPA matches are just a few of the things being kicked around. Plus I plan to bring back some of the Names for some serious training. And then there's the matter of the permanent shoot house.... Gonna be a great year. No reason why we can't fit a get together in.

Stay safe,
Scott

huklbrry
11-24-10, 13:17
I missed Spring Shoot earlier in the year but I spent the summer months shooting at GTA, so Im in regardless of location.

eo500
01-23-11, 11:40
Lethal dose, is there any movement on this? I'd be up for something similar to the Spring Meet again.

fivefivesix
01-23-11, 13:43
im in for sure

duece71
03-18-11, 22:54
Any word since late January on any events/meets??? It sure was nice and warm here in Cbus today.

NavyDavy55
03-19-11, 01:10
I'm up for gathering.

Is the Katar around any more?