PDA

View Full Version : A1/A2 handguard rail adapters for a light or handle for the picatinny rail,etc.

ronbuick
11-17-10, 22:35
I have a Bushy in .308 ORC and would like to instal a handle or light using existing handguards with the hole that are already in at the 12:00 and 6:00 position, someone must make lengths of adapters if you will that will bolt to the original hand guards for a picatinny or Weaver rails without changing the hand guards, and if so who has them so I can purchase them, thanks.

Ron

CHoffman
11-17-10, 23:36
You should check out some of the light mounts these guys make. I am pretty impressed and plan on ordering one soon.

http://mount-n-slot.com/

As to the handle (I assume you mean like a carry handle like on some belt fed's or FAL's) I believe Midwest Industries makes rails for your application. I'm sure there are others but can't think of any off hand.

ETA: The part numbers for MI's handguard rails are MCTAR-02 for a 1.5" section and MCTAR-03 for a 4" section. I know there are other companies that make them but like I said only know of MI's off hand.

ronbuick
11-17-10, 23:53
I should have been more specific, sorry bout that, I was meaning to say like a forward grip, kinda like a grip pod that has the built in mount, tnanks.

Ron

CHoffman
11-18-10, 00:54
Ergogrips.net has a vertical foregrip that mounts to the standard handguards without the need for a add on rail. If you wanted to use the Grip Pod or any other VFG the Midwest rails bolt through the standard handguard holes at 12 or 6 and should work perfectly for you.

ronbuick
11-18-10, 17:21
thanks guys, got some rails and a grip pod for the stock hand guards. thanks

Ron