PDA

View Full Version : Glock threaded barrels

Hashmark
11-18-10, 22:20
Does anyone know whom makes the threaded barrels that Gemtech sells, and does anyone have experience with them?

Oops, I just noticed I posted this in the wrong area. Mods, move at will...sorry!

Dave L.
11-20-10, 08:25
Not sure who makes the Gemtech barrels, but you could order a Lone Wolf barrel with the same threading Gemtech uses.

M4arc
11-20-10, 15:38
I don't know for sure but I suspect that either KKM or Storm Lake is making those barrels for Gemtech. Either way, Gemtech isn't going to sell junk so don't worry about that. If you wanted to save a little money Lone Wolf makes a nice threaded barrel that is less expensive than either KKM or Storm Lake.

D. Christopher
11-20-10, 16:09
The difference in price between a barrel from Lone Wolf vs. Gemtech will be between $10 and $25. You can probably make up the difference if you buy a suppressor and barrel together from your Gemtech dealer. I would be willing to pay a little more to eliminate some possible warranty issues down the road from not using a barrel threaded to Gemtech's specs. Does Gemtech recommend Lone Wolf barrels for use with their suppressors?

jtb0311
11-24-10, 00:26
I tried a Lone Wolf barrel in my G17, sans suppressor, and it turned the pistol into a paperweight. I could hardly get through even a single magazine without the pistol locking up tight so that the slide wouldn't budge. With the stock barrel, it runs like a sewing machine.

mark5pt56
11-24-10, 05:23
Even if they are marketed as drop in, they should be fitted by a Gunsmith to insure proper function.

Dave L.
11-24-10, 06:21
I tried a Lone Wolf barrel in my G17, sans suppressor, and it turned the pistol into a paperweight. I could hardly get through even a single magazine without the pistol locking up tight so that the slide wouldn't budge. With the stock barrel, it runs like a sewing machine.

I had the same problem with my G19 and a Lone Wolf barrel. Their customer service was quick to tell my that my ammo was the problem until I explained that don't shoot reloads (which they accused me of).
I sent it to them, got it back in a week. Looked like they opened up the chamber slightly.
If I could do it over again, I would have just bought a higher end barrel.
Lone Wolf DID take care of the problem and their customer service was excellent overall. I only have about 200 rounds through the barrel since they fixed it, but it works now.

JonnyVain
11-24-10, 13:03
I thought I read in a gun parts bible that Glock makes an OEM extended threaded barrel.

Magic_Salad0892
11-24-10, 14:23
The Glock ''pro'' models are only in ****ing Finland. D:

wesprt
11-24-10, 14:31
I thought I read in a gun parts bible that Glock makes an OEM extended threaded barrel.

Glock does make factory threaded barrels, however it's not something that the general public can usually obtain. Usually Euro or military only. I've seen one for a G19 but if you see one in the US usually they are "lunchbox items" or something someone with a hookup at Glock got ahold of.

I have a Lone Wolf threaded barrel for my G19 that runs as good as the factory one, if anything it chambers smoother and with less resistance than the OEM one (once I smoothed some of that black oxide shit off the feed ramp with polishing compound). How each LW barrel fits your gun is pretty much up to tolerance stacking of that particular gun and barrel combo. Some are nice and loose, others are too tight.