PDA

View Full Version : Detailed data on M193?

Byron
11-19-10, 15:17
Apologies if this is something that has been well covered, but I can only find some of these pieces of info when searching, and different places have different figures.

I'm messing around with a ballistic calculator (really just out of curiosity) and it wants me to create an ammunition profile. For sake of simplicity, I'd just like to use M193 data and the program is asking me to manually input the following values:

Bullet Diameter (in)
Bullet Weight (gr)
Bullet Length (in)
Atmosphere Std. - (choice of ICAO or ASM)
Muzzle Velocity (fps)
MV Variation
Powder Temp (F)
Drag Model - (choice of G1 or G7)
Coef.

Can anyone provide this info, and/or advice on the ICAO/ASM and G1/G7 choices?

Of the more reputable information sources I can find, a lot of these variables aren't included, with the material instead focusing on cyclic rate, and other variables (understandably)

Byron
11-30-10, 16:35
Bummer; I thought this would have been an 'easy' answer for someone.

Anyone?

michael word
11-30-10, 21:12
Apologies if this is something that has been well covered, but I can only find some of these pieces of info when searching, and different places have different figures.

I'm messing around with a ballistic calculator (really just out of curiosity) and it wants me to create an ammunition profile. For sake of simplicity, I'd just like to use M193 data and the program is asking me to manually input the following values:

Bullet Diameter (in) .224
Bullet Weight (gr)56 - 2grains
Bullet Length (in) ~.743
Atmosphere Std. - (choice of ICAO or ASM) ?
Muzzle Velocity (fps) 3250 +- 40fps at 15ft from 20" barrel
MV Variation SD of 40fps max
Powder Temp (F) ?
Drag Model - (choice of G1 or G7) ?
Coef. ~.243

Can anyone provide this info, and/or advice on the ICAO/ASM and G1/G7 choices?

Of the more reputable information sources I can find, a lot of these variables aren't included, with the material instead focusing on cyclic rate, and other variables (understandably)

Answers in quote. Taken form Cartridges of The World, 11th Edition.

Byron
12-01-10, 06:40
Thank you very much, Michael. I appreciate the help