PDA

View Full Version : M&P9 - No lock & no mag safety?

SpookyPistolero
11-19-10, 18:21
Howdy folks-

I've been hunting for an M&P9 with night sights but with no mag safety, no external safety, and no lock. Does such a beast even exist? It seems if something has to give, it will be the lock. That much would be tolerable.

Out of roughly ~4 shops in town, none even have one with night sights...

Edit: This seems to fit the bill.... what's makes it a 'PRO' series?
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_39_71/products_id/61701

m39nut
11-19-10, 18:43
I think it may be a LEO item(but I am not 100% sure) so you may have to hunt for it. It however should be easy to find one with the features you like without the night sights and add them yourself.

GotAmmo
11-19-10, 19:12
it exists.. i have one.. got it out of the LEO/MIL cabinet at my local gun store.

nickdrak
11-19-10, 19:31
Howdy folks-

I've been hunting for an M&P9 with night sights but with no mag safety, no external safety, and no lock. Does such a beast even exist? It seems if something has to give, it will be the lock. That much would be tolerable.

Out of roughly ~4 shops in town, none even have one with night sights...

Edit: This seems to fit the bill.... what's makes it a 'PRO' series?
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_39_71/products_id/61701

That model has the "PRO" sear in it. Basically it is a nicer/cleaner trigger pull.

I would instead check with Grant (G&R Tactical). He has some nice M&P packages available with the Apex trigger kits which are much nicer than the factory "PRO" sear in my opinion. The Apex DCAEK full kit is just about the perfect carry trigger available.

ETA: Here ya go: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=209301

GermanSynergy
11-19-10, 19:48
Go with Grant. No one else comes close in terms of service, price and options available with the M&P platform.:D

Seraph
11-19-10, 20:05
Agreed - order with Grant, for the reasons stated above. Plus, he's a swell guy. You can get an M&P 9 from Grant, loaded up with APEX goodies, all massaged and installed, for about the same as the retail price for a basic M&P from a gun store. I did this, and will again, as soon as possible.

SpookyPistolero
11-19-10, 20:13
So when I go to his site and knock out an M&P with all the options, it's got a price hike. Nothing to do with Grant, that's what 47 options cost. So what options would folks recommend that make up 'basic' improvements? What are really worth it?

ETA: What's with the sight options? Are the Ameriglo sights front & rear tritium? Or just the front sight?

GermanSynergy
11-19-10, 20:16
DCAEK and sights of your choice.

So when I go to his site and knock out an M&P with all the options, it's got a price hike. Nothing to do with Grant, that's what 47 options cost. So what options would folks recommend that make up 'basic' improvements? What are really worth it?

nickdrak
11-19-10, 20:24
I would recommend the Apex DCAEK (Installed) and the Apex RAM (Installed) options. As far as sights go, Im not up to speed on the AmeriGlo sights, but if he has any M&P9's with the newer design factory night sights those are very nice if you like 3-dot set-ups. My preference is for the Heinie "Ledge" 2-dot tritium sights.

SpookyPistolero
11-19-10, 20:33
Thanks for the info guys, you all rock.

What would the sear/striker block do for ya, and would the polish be worth it?

nickdrak
11-19-10, 20:50
Thanks for the info guys, you all rock.

What would the sear/striker block do for ya, and would the polish be worth it?

The DCAEK includes the sear & striker block. Just have the DCAEK kit installed and all the necessary parts are included. The Apex equipped triggers are pretty smooth to begin with. Having Grant polish all of the engagement points will yield a smoother pull right out of the box. Shooting it alot will smooth things out just fine too.

Spooky130
11-20-10, 14:45
I would recommend the Apex DCAEK (Installed) and the Apex RAM (Installed) options. As far as sights go, Im not up to speed on the AmeriGlo sights, but if he has any M&P9's with the newer design factory night sights those are very nice if you like 3-dot set-ups. My preference is for the Heinie "Ledge" 2-dot tritium sights.

I'll second this and also add Warren 2-dot tritiums to the list of good sight options.

I would honestly go this way now - when I bought mine Grant wasn't into the M&P "customization" business. It is a one stop shop...

Spooky

D. Christopher
11-20-10, 16:14
Is the mag safety an option on the M&P series?

Beat Trash
11-20-10, 17:14
Is the mag safety an option on the M&P series?

YES it is.

C4IGrant
11-20-10, 18:02
Thank you all for the positive comments.

C4

sevin8nin
11-20-10, 18:15
That's very surprising as I've probably sold over 100 M&Ps and only a couple of them have had a mag safety. I've never even seen one with the lock. I've definitely seen them with night sights from the factory in the configuration you listed. Did you ask any of the shops if they could just order the desired one in?

Seraph
11-20-10, 19:03
When ordering from Grant, I asked for the APEX sear, striker block, and competition striker spring, polished and installed. I did this, instead of the DCAEK, because of the lighter trigger pull weight I'd realize. After having bothered the hell out of Grant and Randy Lee with all my questions, I thought I had a pretty good idea of what I'd be getting, but the results actually exceeded my expectation. I believe in supporting my local gun stores, at least when their proprietors haven't proven to me that they're worthless shitbags, but I honestly think that ordering with G&R Tactical, as I did, is the way to get the best bang for your M&P buck.

MP9
11-20-10, 19:23
This is a good deal but mp40, dont know if they have 9, I already have my mp9 no mag safety and no external safety.

What do you mean with no lock?

MP4 pro (http://www.centerfiresystems.com/sw-178036.aspx)

I havent buy in that site but that is a good price

C4IGrant
11-20-10, 19:37
This is a good deal but mp40, dont know if they have 9, I already have my mp9 no mag safety and no external safety.

What do you mean with no lock?

MP4 pro (http://www.centerfiresystems.com/sw-178036.aspx)

I havent buy in that site but that is a good price

No lock means no internal lock.

We typically sell M&P's for $460 (FYI).

C4