PDA

View Full Version : Stuck between DI's

deadduck357
11-20-10, 03:52
I want another DI and I'm stuck between Del-Ton, Spikes and BCM. Also thinking about CMMG and YHM. Also like BM, S&W, Stag and DPMS. The only two major requirements are 1) mid-length 2) chrome lined, and lastly but not a requirement is I would like it to be a cold hammer forged barrel.

variablebinary
11-20-10, 03:55
Easy enough

BCM, don't look back.

120mm
11-20-10, 03:57
www.smartgunner.com

Check out their prices on DD mid-length uppers.

Best prices on CHF you are going to find.

BCM is terrific, Spike's is okay, S&W would work if you had to. The rest of your choices are crap, in comparison.

usmcvet
11-20-10, 04:03
BCM is the one in your list I would go with. DD is another great choice. The bbl choice will limit the guns available to choose from. That said DD and BCM both make great guns. Flip a coin.

deadduck357
11-20-10, 04:05
Some of these options may not even offer a mid-length. I should have gone to each site before poll. Anyway if there is not an option in the poll please add a reply with your option. Thanks.

usmcvet
11-20-10, 04:12
Have you looked at the Chart? You have a huge list. After looking at the chart you may decide to dump quite a few and add a few. Just a thought.

deadduck357
11-20-10, 04:19
Have you looked at the Chart? You have a huge list. After looking at the chart you may decide to dump quite a few and add a few. Just a thought.

I'm not sure which all offer mid-length, chrome lined and hammer forged. With many options I can see what all is preferred. There were only 10 options, could have used a few more. But if someones option isn't included in the poll please add with a reply.

Also doesn't look like I can edit out options in the poll

MarkG
11-20-10, 06:28
:suicide2:

CaptainDooley
11-20-10, 07:21
With many options I can see what all is preferred. There were only 10 options, could have used a few more.

The last thing you need is a poll with more options - what you need to do is read through some stickies on this sight and figure out what features make a rifle desirable, then you can whittle down the choices yourself by merely looking at the specs offered and then come back here with the 2 or 3 you're looking at. Stop being lazy and actually do some reading on here to figure out what you want.

BTW, I voted BCM because they're rock solid in the reliability/quality department and they offer a mind-numbingly wide array of options.

Entropy
11-20-10, 07:29
Almost all of the choices in your poll are absolute crap. Without a doubt, BCM would be my choice.

Other options I would consider are Noveske, Daniel Defense, or Lewis Machine and Tool.....although, not all of them offer hammer forged barrels.

RAM Engineer
11-20-10, 07:37
I could tell you WHY I wouldn't buy anything from a lot of you poll options, but you have so much crap listed there, it would take too long.

Why do you want a Midlength gun?

Why do you want a hammer forged barrel?

usmcvet
11-20-10, 08:54
I'm not sure which all offer mid-length, chrome lined and hammer forged. With many options I can see what all is preferred. There were only 10 options, could have used a few more. But if someones option isn't included in the poll please add with a reply.

Also doesn't look like I can edit out options in the poll

Check out these threads

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=106

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Upper-Receiver-Groups-s/1.htm

Once you poke around there you will be armed with tons of information.

You should find BCM, DD and Noveske have what you're looking for.

The_War_Wagon
11-20-10, 09:03
For the quality, ammenities, and even the price, a BCM middy can't be beat, given every brand you listed.

Now the brand of "other," is a whole seperate web board of threads... ;)

FVC3
11-20-10, 09:30
I want another DI and I'm stuck between Del-Ton, Spikes and BCM. Also thinking about CMMG and YHM. Also like BM, S&W, Stag and DPMS. The only two major requirements are 1) mid-length 2) chrome lined, and lastly but not a requirement is I would like it to be a cold hammer forged barrel.

This poll is silly and reflects an abdication of responsibility for research on your part.

You include RRA and DPMS, while omitting DD, LMT, and Noveske - yet carbine length gas is a deal breaker?

Do some homework, please.

kwelz
11-20-10, 10:47
Ok overall I am not to shocked by the results. BCM is obviously the best choice on there. Spikes is an ok choice. But who the heck voted for DPMS. :laugh:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-20-10, 11:33
The poll results speak for themselves. Go ahead and do some research on BCM and you'll see why the AR market is so in love with them.

500grains
11-20-10, 11:51
I did not vote because I think that all ballot boxes are stuffed by ACORN anyway. ;)

However, here is my proprietary AR-15 selection guide which I will offer for free to readers of this thread.

AR-15 SELECTION GUIDE:

Step 1: Observe roll mark on the lower receiver.

Step 2: If the roll mark is BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense, KAC, LMT, or Noveske, then purchase the gun. If not, then proceed to another gun store.

Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 in sequence until a qualifying AR-15 is purchased.

Step 4: Be happy.

D. Christopher
11-20-10, 12:20
Based on your criteria I would recommend BCM or DD.

deadduck357
11-20-10, 16:26
The last thing you need is a poll with more options - what you need to do is read through some stickies on this sight and figure out what features make a rifle desirable, then you can whittle down the choices yourself by merely looking at the specs offered and then come back here with the 2 or 3 you're looking at. Stop being lazy and actually do some reading on here to figure out what you want.

BTW, I voted BCM because they're rock solid in the reliability/quality department and they offer a mind-numbingly wide array of options.

I am as far from lazy as you'll get, I just can't live here like some. But I do agree I got a little option happy, realized not all offered mid-length after posting the poll and now cant edit poll.

tactical221
11-20-10, 17:51
I voted other as I am a Knights convert. Have owned Colt, LMT and Noveske. All were 100% dead nuts reliable. That being said they were all carbine gas systems. Made the move to the Knights SR 15 and have never been happier. It is awesome. Softest shooting ar I have ever shot. You will be hard pressed to find an ill word said about an sr15. If it wasn't Knights, it is hard to beat BCM, or DD. As someone posted above, stick with those rollmarks and you can't go wrong. Stay away from delton, cmmg, bm, etc. Buy once cry once. Good luck

usmcvet
11-20-10, 18:11
I voted other as I am a Knights convert. Have owned Colt, LMT and Noveske. All were 100% dead nuts reliable. That being said they were all carbine gas systems. Made the move to the Knights SR 15 and have never been happier. It is awesome. Softest shooting ar I have ever shot. You will be hard pressed to find an ill word said about an sr15. If it wasn't Knights, it is hard to beat BCM, or DD. As someone posted above, stick with those rollmarks and you can't go wrong. Stay away from delton, cmmg, bm, etc. Buy once cry once. Good luck

Well said. Buying the KAC might cause you to cry a little harder. :) $$$

deadduck357
11-20-10, 18:30

Been over to BCM site and really like the 14.5 Mid. I have owned and have been shooting AR's for 20 years now, own 6 Colts, 2 BM and 3 Rugers, just want one more DI and not another Colt. Went to a small gun show today hoping to see a BCM but no luck, was a real nice Spike's. But from what everyone is remarking the BCM should be good to go. I also don't want to blow a ton on another DI.

My apologies for not limiting the poll to just Mid-length options.

payj
11-20-10, 21:21
The only two rifles on there that are good are bcm and spikes. Dont waster your time with the rest....