This is cool. Enjoy.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=25sscxh&s=7

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=mbqro3&s=7

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-20-10, 13:29
I'll take one please....

rdbse
11-20-10, 13:43
Interesting, though not a good practice to take eyes off target while in full auto.

jakjakman
11-20-10, 17:11
He looks sad that he's shooting full auto. :p

stifled
11-20-10, 17:14

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Why is he so sad?

bkb0000
11-20-10, 17:21
haven't you ever had something rock so hard that it almost sucked?

he's in painful ecstasy.

the long mag dumps are pretty kick ass... but being .22 takes some of the cool factor out of it. i guess when you've got 50 round STANAG-length magazines and almost zero recoil, you can just pepper the guy with bursts of 30gr bullets (pellets).

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! OMG! PLEASE STOP! I GIVE UP! sheesh... that ****in hurts, man..

rdbse
11-20-10, 17:25
haven't you ever had something rock so hard that it almost sucked?

he's in painful ecstasy.

the long mag dumps are pretty kick ass... but being .22 takes some of the cool factor out of it. i guess when you've got 50 round STANAG-length magazines and almost zero recoil, you can just pepper the guy with bursts of 30gr bullets (pellets).

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! OMG! PLEASE STOP! I GIVE UP! sheesh... that ****in hurts, man..

absolutely funny!

triggs75
11-20-10, 18:24
That just looks like it would be no fun at all. :D

RAM Engineer
11-20-10, 21:37
Jerry Orbach lives!

Entropy
11-20-10, 21:48

If you've every read Officer Gary Jones' book "Badge 149 Shots Fired", he talks about how Ft. Lauderdale PD used some American-180 .22lr SMGs with early mounted lasers in the 1970s and it actually worked very well. He recounts several robbery shootings with suspects inside vehicles, and the American-180 had such a high rate of fire and low recoil that they would literally hose through windshields and into the heads of the vehicle occupants. They were getting better OIS successes with these weapons than their 12-gauge shotguns. He attributed the success of the weapon due to its incredible level of control and that it was like a water hose.

ALCOAR
11-20-10, 21:58
Call me a lover of heavy set woman and pink moped's but I love .22's and NFA goodies...its to expensive to "make it rain" with flying .223 or .308 brass.

On a side note based on the above reply...The Israeli's have been using Ruger 10/22's sbr'd and suppressed for a number of years now in a similar capacity as the Seals used Hush Puppies in Vietnam...killing dogs and shooting out streetlights.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/461/0003ze.jpg

m4fun
11-20-10, 22:03
I tell you - there is not much more fun than Full Auto .22 - Not quite a CDI factor for sure. Problem is most .22 FA is problematic just based on .22 bullets in general.

BlueOvalFan
11-20-10, 22:07
Interesting, though not a good practice to take eyes off target while in full auto.

He's drunk in blissfulness. It's almost like he can see use drolling through the camera!

Bolt_Overide
11-20-10, 22:07
.22 LR NFA is the tits. You can literally shoot all damn day on 50 bucks, and still have ammo left over.

ALCOAR
11-20-10, 22:23
I tell you - there is not much more fun than Full Auto .22 - Not quite a CDI factor for sure. Problem is most .22 FA is problematic just based on .22 bullets in general.

I enjoy shooting a s/a .22lr suppressed as much as anything within the world of shooting including shooting non suppressed f/a weapons. A f/a .22 can indeed give you nightmares sometimes and generally its very easy to get a .22 to suppress and cycle properly on its own with out all the tweeking that is needed sometimes for running f/a .22s.

Something is just so nice about shooting anything subsonic through a suppressor and the whole action or cycling combined with that unique suppressed report is very addictive to say the least:)

cj5_dude
11-20-10, 22:33
If you've every read Officer Gary Jones' book "Badge 149 Shots Fired", he talks about how Ft. Lauderdale PD used some American-180 .22lr SMGs with early mounted lasers in the 1970s and it actually worked very well. He recounts several robbery shootings with suspects inside vehicles, and the American-180 had such a high rate of fire and low recoil that they would literally hose through windshields and into the heads of the vehicle occupants. They were getting better OIS successes with these weapons than their 12-gauge shotguns. He attributed the success of the weapon due to its incredible level of control and that it was like a water hose.

Here's an excerpt from the book. I'd never heard of it but glad I did now. Side note, my badge number is 149...so you can be sure I'll be ordering it..

"Blaaaaaaaaaat!" I really hadn't expected it, so this weird sound startled me when I first heard it. But, even though the sound surprised me, I recognized it immediately! "It" was the unique sound of the American 180 Machine Gun Mke carried. I really shouldn't have been surprised, though. I mean, what the hell did I think Mike was going to do with the damn thing? This wasn't "show and tell" at school and I knew he wasn't gonna just let the bastards in the Camaro look at it. I knew damn well Mike intended to use it if things turned shitty, so the high-pitched metallic-like grinding sound shouldn't have surprised me at all.

I noticed the distinctive red dot of the laser beam a split second after Mike opened fire. It first appeared on the passenger's side of the vehicle's rear windshield. I watched in awe as the red dot slowly moved across the entire length of the back windshield towards the driver's side of the vehicle. As it moved, it seemed to viciously slice away at the window itself and broken pieces of shattered glass flew off in all directions. It almost seemed as if someone had planted dozens of small explosive charges in the windshield itself and now these mini-charges were being detonated one at a time in very rapid succession. But, I knew it wasn't the red dot that was systematically dissecting the windshield, piece by devastating piece. It was the awesome fusillade of .22 cal. rounds the American 180 was spitting out, at an almost incredible 29.6 rounds per second. I've never seen such total and absolute destruction from one single weapon. In a horrible and terrifying way, it was truly impressive!

As Mike continued to maneuver the little red dot towards the driver I realized my own attempt to blow out the Camaro's back windshield had failed. I had tried to aim my first shotgun blast right at the rear window, but when I witnessed the ultimate destructiveness of Mike's American 180, I knew for sure I had missed the back windshield completely. It had still been there, or it was until Mike started taking it apart with the 180. I later learned the pellets from my first initial blast most likely impacted somewhere on the Camaro's trunk. There were several different patterns there on the trunk and one even partially destroyed the vehicle's trunk ornament. I was quite sure I could take credit for that particular prize! I'm sure the vehicle's excessive backwards speed and my desperate need to jump out of the way were both contributing factors in my missing the rear windshield with that first shot. As I now prepared to fire a fourth and final round of OO Buck at the escaping vehicle and suspects, I still couldn't help but marvel at the deadly precision of the American 180. Mike was like a skilled surgeon doing a very delicate procedure during an operation, and the American 180 was his scalpel! This time though, I wasn't quite sure the patients would survive the operation!

Entropy
11-20-10, 22:52
Here's an excerpt from the book. I'd never heard of it but glad I did now. Side note, my badge number is 149...so you can be sure I'll be ordering it..

"Blaaaaaaaaaat!" I really hadn't expected it, so this weird sound startled me when I first heard it. But, even though the sound surprised me, I recognized it immediately! "It" was the unique sound of the American 180 Machine Gun Mke carried. I really shouldn't have been surprised, though. I mean, what the hell did I think Mike was going to do with the damn thing? This wasn't "show and tell" at school and I knew he wasn't gonna just let the bastards in the Camaro look at it. I knew damn well Mike intended to use it if things turned shitty, so the high-pitched metallic-like grinding sound shouldn't have surprised me at all.

I noticed the distinctive red dot of the laser beam a split second after Mike opened fire. It first appeared on the passenger's side of the vehicle's rear windshield. I watched in awe as the red dot slowly moved across the entire length of the back windshield towards the driver's side of the vehicle. As it moved, it seemed to viciously slice away at the window itself and broken pieces of shattered glass flew off in all directions. It almost seemed as if someone had planted dozens of small explosive charges in the windshield itself and now these mini-charges were being detonated one at a time in very rapid succession. But, I knew it wasn't the red dot that was systematically dissecting the windshield, piece by devastating piece. It was the awesome fusillade of .22 cal. rounds the American 180 was spitting out, at an almost incredible 29.6 rounds per second. I've never seen such total and absolute destruction from one single weapon. In a horrible and terrifying way, it was truly impressive!

As Mike continued to maneuver the little red dot towards the driver I realized my own attempt to blow out the Camaro's back windshield had failed. I had tried to aim my first shotgun blast right at the rear window, but when I witnessed the ultimate destructiveness of Mike's American 180, I knew for sure I had missed the back windshield completely. It had still been there, or it was until Mike started taking it apart with the 180. I later learned the pellets from my first initial blast most likely impacted somewhere on the Camaro's trunk. There were several different patterns there on the trunk and one even partially destroyed the vehicle's trunk ornament. I was quite sure I could take credit for that particular prize! I'm sure the vehicle's excessive backwards speed and my desperate need to jump out of the way were both contributing factors in my missing the rear windshield with that first shot. As I now prepared to fire a fourth and final round of OO Buck at the escaping vehicle and suspects, I still couldn't help but marvel at the deadly precision of the American 180. Mike was like a skilled surgeon doing a very delicate procedure during an operation, and the American 180 was his scalpel! This time though, I wasn't quite sure the patients would survive the operation!

It's a good book if you like cop stuff, and you can relate. I'm good friends with a county sergeant who was trained by Gary back in the day and the copy of the book that he loaned me was full of his notes about Gary's special robbery unit and other stuff.

Zhurdan
11-21-10, 23:00

Same concept behind the P90 (not the PS90 neutered version). Lots of rounds... RTFN!!!! (Right The Fu#$ Now!) in a small package. The main problem with the 5.7 is people try to think it's something that it's not..... it's a bullet hose. I SBR'd one of my own simply for the satisfaction of owning one, but I wouldn't count on it in a defensive situation... that's what the 10.5" Noveske's for. hehehe

Same concept, different bullet. lots of rounds on target RTFN.

DJ_Skinny
11-21-10, 23:11
Call me a lover of heavy set woman and pink moped's but I love .22's and NFA goodies...

:laugh::laugh: Oh man. I actually LOL'd. :D