PDA

View Full Version : Am I going nuts....

jmoore
11-20-10, 18:47
......or senile (both a distinct possibility, btw:)

I could swear that fairly recently I read a description of a Glock 20 sf rtf, but I've spent the last hour doing searches and can't find anything about such a creature. Is there, or will there be, an sf/rtf model 20 (hopefully of the gen 3 flavor)???

TIA to those with saner and younger minds:)

jm

vigilant2
11-21-10, 04:23
FWIW.I don't know where to find it on the net, but it exists. On the Tactical Arms T.V. show about 1 1/2 weeks ago Ken Hackathorn was on with Larry Vickers doing an all Glock episode where he pulled out
a Glock 20 (10mm) SF (I believe it was RTF) that he carries as a
secondary when he backpacks,goes hunting, etc. He told LAV " 15
rounds of full power 10mm is some serious medicine".

Seraph
11-21-10, 11:27
RTF is the standard Gen. 3 texture. RTF2 is the obnoxious flesh sampling texture you're referring to (and I've never heard of a G20 with RTF2). Gen. 4 standard texture is sort of a toned down version of RTF2.

jmoore
11-21-10, 12:33
RTF is the standard Gen. 3 texture. RTF2 is the obnoxious flesh sampling texture you're referring to (and I've never heard of a G20 with RTF2).

yeh - I guess I'm looking for the RTF2. I seem to be able to go through a 2 day pistol class and 1200 rounds with no problem with my G17rtf(2)-though things might be different in terms of G20 recoil. OTOH - my hands are a little tougher than the average person's :) Will keep lookin.

john

Seraph
11-21-10, 12:37
yeh - I guess I'm looking for the RTF2. I seem to be able to go through a 2 day pistol class and 1200 rounds with no problem with my G17rtf(2)-though things might be different in terms of G20 recoil. OTOH - my hands are a little tougher than the average person's :) Will keep lookin.

john

John,

What I'm getting at is that you probably did read about a G20 RTF, as that DOES exist. I have heard of a G21 RTF2, though I've never seen one, or met anyone who had. G20 RTF2, on the other hand, likely doesn't exist. I've never heard of one, and I think it would be pretty easy to find one via Google, if it did indeed exist. You're probably going to have to snag a G20 SF, and have someone do a nice stipple job on it. There are a couple of members of this forum who do very nice Tupperware texturing, at various levels of traction.

JHC
11-22-10, 05:55
RTF is the standard Gen. 3 texture. RTF2 is the obnoxious flesh sampling texture you're referring to (and I've never heard of a G20 with RTF2). Gen. 4 standard texture is sort of a toned down version of RTF2.

The original cheese grater RTF is not the standard Gen 3 texture. RTF2 is a toned down RT treatment.

To the OP, there were some discussions of the G21 SF RTF2 a few weeks back. That may be what you recall seeing. I've not seen anyone report owning a RTF2 G20.